Installed Triple Fogs - DD SS3 Pros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I will chime in. I don’t do a ton of off-roading, at least not enough the justify BD squadron lights. I like to drive Offroad when camping and get to areas I wouldn’t normally go. I live up in the mountains and do a lot of driving on very dark mountain roads and snow. The DD lights seemed like a better fit for my needs. I remember driving back from Steamboat Springs here in CO in my old truck. It was damn near white out conditions. I only had rigid fogs and rigid combo flood/spot lights. They didn’t help whatsoever. I wanted oem fogs, and specifically wanted the amber lenses somewhere in my setup. I went with DD because of output and I’ve always been able to get ahold of DD customer service when I needed something resolved.
That being said, I am very intrigued by the BD behind the grille, 6 light setup. As rarely as I’d use them, I still “want” them
Well, I would be happy to help you with getting what you "want!"
We actually have that kit in-stock, as well as the kit with 2 OnX6 lightbars for behind the grille.
Give me a call or text and we can chat about it!
I hope to hear from you soon!
Sidney @ SPV Parts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Must say John @Specialtyperformanceparts is top notch when coming to custom service.
Thank you! We really appreciate you!
At the end of the day, we are just Raptor enthusiasts doing what we love. When somebody calls and asks questions or needs help figuring out what they want to do to their truck, we truly enjoy getting to help them. Even if we don't have what they are looking for, we will still gladly try to help them find it.
It's top notch customers like you that make it easy and fun to do what we do!
Sidney @ SPV Parts

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. One last question, are most people disconnecting the fog light switch and rewiring so that it uses the up fitter switches? This way all aftermarket lighting is in one centralized location? For example, removing the fog lights and putting them into Aux 1 and starting from there? or is the consensus to just leave it alone in the current positions? It seems like when I want lights, I want them all so I'd like to only have to go to one place to use them.

Our customers (and our own installs) are just utilizing the fog light switch for 1 pair. Why re-wire something that works. As I said our kits include OEM pigtails so you'd re-use your fog light switch for 1 pair. Then for the 2nd pair, they are re-using Aux1 (because again we provide a 2nd set of pigtails). No sense in re-wiring anything. Then for the 3rd pair they run that from a new upfitter switch.

If someone has lots of lights, then it'*****/miss depending on what their personal preferences are. Some of them are just using the pigtails to power other lights (cutting our pigtail off so not to destroy the factory pigtails) and using that to control a relay (for larger amperage light bars for example).

Or we have people just using them as "caps" and connecting 2 different upfitters to pairs 2 and 3 (using the factory fogs for the main pair)

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice , my next lighting project is the ADAPT 40inch bar which I have ,just waiting for the brackets from @Specialtyperformanceparts
I am so stoked to see what that looks like when it's all installed on your truck!
Please text me pics once you have it done and I will gladly share them on our socials!
Thank you so much for allowing us to earn your business!
We truly appreciate you!
Sidney @ SPV Parts

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diode Dynamics are a great candidate if you’re solely driving in flat and narrow conditions. If your adventure involves elevation change and would prefer to drive in a more aggressive way the sharp and horizontal cutoffs will have you wishing for a more transitional spill light like we have here at Baja Designs. While our competitors seem to design an optic based on optical software measurements, here we intentionally sacrifice candela, peak beam and any additional DOT/SAE “standard “and redirect the light to what is ideal for the best driver experience. We design and test our lights in different environments to ensure that our lights perform and give you the most usable beam pattern when you need them the most. If you are serious about off-roading there simply isn't any contest between Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics. Please feel free to let me know any questions you may have.
Best,
Brahian

Just bought 3 sets of squadron pro’s for my gen3. I’ve had them on my last 3 trucks.

I’m kind of disappointed to see the front of the lights aren’t anodized anymore, but rather powdercoated gloss black like the rest of the housing. Looks like plastic now.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just bought 3 sets of squadron pro’s for my gen3. I’ve had them on my last 3 trucks.

I’m kind of disappointed to see the front of the lights aren’t anodized anymore, but rather powdercoated gloss black like the rest of the housing. Looks like plastic now.

Hey Fmaxtubosi,
Our pro Bezels are still anodized the only difference will be that they are no longer machined. We still have the old version available but only in the round version.
new version.jpgold.jpgtogther.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Fmaxtubosi,
Our pro Bezels are still anodized the only difference will be that they are no longer machined. We still have the old version available but only in the round version.
View attachment 376601View attachment 376602View attachment 376603

What are those in the display case? The old black and white boxes (I liked those).

We actually carry replacment bezels and tend to have the old style bezels around still.

The upside to the new style bezels is that they won't lose color over time like the anodized ones did

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What are those in the display case? The old black and white boxes (I liked those).

We actually carry replacment bezels and tend to have the old style bezels around still.

The upside to the new style bezels is that they won't lose color over time like the anodized ones
Just a old pair of squadron pros. Box design is very cool