Installed Triple Fogs - DD SS3 Pros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tusk

Reaction score
I currently have 3 sets of Squadrons on my truck, but I'm considering switching to SS3s. I have them wired to Aux 1, 2, and 3. If I switch to the SS3, I will probably go with SAE Fog, SAE Driving, and Spot.

I find myself having to turn on and off my lights too often, so I think would want this situation:
  • SAE Fogs to come on automatically with my headlights
  • SAE Drivings to come on with my brights (I have Glare Free enabled right now so I'll probably have to go back to stock)
  • Spots to the upfitter
Does the fog light button reset to off every time you start the truck?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I currently have 3 sets of Squadrons on my truck, but I'm considering switching to SS3s. I have them wired to Aux 1, 2, and 3. If I switch to the SS3, I will probably go with SAE Fog, SAE Driving, and Spot.

I find myself having to turn on and off my lights too often, so I think would want this situation:
  • SAE Drivings to come on with my brights (I have Glare Free enabled right now so I'll probably have to go back to stock)
  • Spots to the upfitter

No it should stay on unless you flip your high beams on. THEN it might stay off when you switch back to lows (possibly but i'm not 100% certain on that).

If you already have our brackets and are switching to the SS3, let me know. When you order your SS3 from us and wiring harness we'll make sure we throw in (at no charge) 2 pairs of the OEM Pigtails for your lights.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

• Spots to the upfitter
No it does not reset to off as long as u keep it on “auto.” When u manually cycle the lights off, on, parking, then yes, it will revert back to fog lights off.

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I will chime in. I don’t do a ton of off-roading, at least not enough the justify BD squadron lights. I like to drive Offroad when camping and get to areas I wouldn’t normally go. I live up in the mountains and do a lot of driving on very dark mountain roads and snow. The DD lights seemed like a better fit for my needs. I remember driving back from Steamboat Springs here in CO in my old truck. It was damn near white out conditions. I only had rigid fogs and rigid combo flood/spot lights. They didn’t help whatsoever. I wanted oem fogs, and specifically wanted the amber lenses somewhere in my setup. I went with DD because of output and I’ve always been able to get ahold of DD customer service when I needed something resolved.
That being said, I am very intrigued by the BD behind the grille, 6 light setup. As rarely as I’d use them, I still “want” them

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I will chime in. I don’t do a ton of off-roading, at least not enough the justify BD squadron lights. I like to drive Offroad when camping and get to areas I wouldn’t normally go. I live up in the mountains and do a lot of driving on very dark mountain roads and snow. The DD lights seemed like a better fit for my needs. I remember driving back from Steamboat Springs here in CO in my old truck. It was damn near white out conditions. I only had rigid fogs and rigid combo flood/spot lights. They didn’t help whatsoever. I wanted oem fogs, and specifically wanted the amber lenses somewhere in my setup. I went with DD because of output and I’ve always been able to get ahold of DD customer service when I needed something resolved.

Yeah the Diode Dynamics lights are super popular because of the price point and how much light you can get from their Pro and Max lines. The back-lighting is also very popular. We almost never sell Rigid Radiacne anymore because WHY... you get better patterns with the Diode Dynamics lights and the back-lighting (if you want it).

Plus a plug and play harness (the Radiance just have 3 bare wires, not sure what's going on with Rigid, even their light bars just have bare wires these days, really cheap if you ask me).

As much as I hate to say it, because we're big Baja Designs fans... we sell more Diode Dynamics lights these days then we do Baja Designs. They are just becoming very popular.

Our Bronco has Baja Designs everywhere BUT the fogs (for that we're running Diode Dynamics).

I mean these days, this is what our Diode Dynamics inventory levels look like. We go through a ton of them

1665005161343.png

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds good! Thank you. Will most likely go with BD pro’s again. I’ve been pleased with your products for the last 5 years, so why change it lol.

John certainly wow’d me with his extensive and informative reply the other day. Def earned my business after that.
Thank you! We really appreciate you allowing us to earn your business! Please call, text, or email us anytime you have any questions at all. We are always happy to help in any way we can!

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does BD make a kit that will fit 3 of the 3" lights or is this just strictly a DD S3 setup?
We absolutely have kits available for the 3 full size fog lights of Baja, Diode, and Rigid.
Our mounts have faced a ton of hours of R & D to make sure that the spacing and placement of your Squadrons will be better than anything else out there. The kit even comes with a template to help you get it perfectly straight.
Also, we have an entire patented Harness System that is fully plug-n-play and all components work seamlessly with one another to give you the best possible install experience. We also have many install videos available on our Youtube channel and we are happy to provide assistance on the phone if you run into any issues, as well.
Please let us know if we can help you with anything or if you have any further questions. I am always manning the phones over here and love to talk about lighting projects with anyone who calls.
I hope to hear from you soon!
Sidney @ SPV Parts

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does BD make a kit that will fit 3 of the 3" lights or is this just strictly a DD S3 setup?

We actually have them available with Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, Rigid Industries and Morimoto... our kits also include 2 pairs of OEM Pigtails so you can re-use the factory fog light switch/wiring saving you time.

What's nice about our kits is they don't stick out from the opening. They sit nice and tucked away just like on the Gen2 Raptors.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-f-150-raptor/

Raptor4.jpg

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. One last question, are most people disconnecting the fog light switch and rewiring so that it uses the up fitter switches? This way all aftermarket lighting is in one centralized location? For example, removing the fog lights and putting them into Aux 1 and starting from there? or is the consensus to just leave it alone in the current positions? It seems like when I want lights, I want them all so I'd like to only have to go to one place to use them.
It's all a matter of preference when it comes to how to wire them. Some people like it one way and some people like it another.
I would be happy to talk you through the different options we have available with our patented plug-n-play harness system, which makes it possible for you to install them in multiple different ways.
Please give me a call sometime and we can chat about how you would like your lighting to be run on your vehicle.
The most important thing is that you are happy with it!
I hope to speak with you soon!
Sidney @ SPV Parts