Installed some new Icon leafsprings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Williams

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I installed some new Icon leaf springs. The install was pretty straight forward. Did it by myself in the driveway and it took me about 8hrs. I have Fox coilovers on the front and triple bypass on the rear. I have put about 500 miles on it since the install. Night and day difference on the street. Haven't had it off road yet. From the ground to the wheel arch on the front is 43" and the coilovers have 8 threads showing above the collar. The rear from the ground to the wheel arch is 46". I didn't add the add in leaf. The spare tire is mounted flat in the back of the bed. Do you guys think there is still enough adjustment with the front coilovers to level the truck with out putting to much preload on the springs. I also installed a MBRP turn down exhaust and it has a great sound and minimal drone. Also had some Falken Wildpeak MT 37x12.5x17 tires installed. The last install was a SecoAutoparts 9 drive - 9 mode electronic throttle controller. Bought on Amazon. I was a little skeptical but it really woke up the throttle response. The truck pulls pretty hard compared to stock. Next up coming mods will be some Dirty Life wheels, KC lightbar and SVC rear Baja V3 rear bumper. The stock wheels in the picture used to be monster energy green but the green top coat has faded over the last few years. my Raptor is a 2013 with 83,000 miles on it. The second picture is when the suspension was stock and had airbags for towing our Jeep. And the rims where green1

Attachments

• 271937683_4932260126835422_4524249835934407906_n.jpg
    271937683_4932260126835422_4524249835934407906_n.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 12291269_994846823910125_2369090164095720357_o.jpg
    12291269_994846823910125_2369090164095720357_o.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the ground to the wheel arch on the front is 43" and the coilovers have 8 threads showing above the collar. The rear from the ground to the wheel arch is 46". I didn't add the add in leaf. The spare tire is mounted flat in the back of the bed. Do you guys think there is still enough adjustment with the front coilovers to level the truck with out putting to much preload on the springs.

The leaves should continue to settle some, i would wait a bit longer before messing with the front. Even still, i can't imagine trying to get more than another inch or so out of your coilovers. Most manufacturers have a set maximum amount their adjustment collars should be threaded down to, I think my old 2.5s from fox had a warning not to expose more than 2" of threads.

Great looking truck.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, the next time it rains or there's a lot of moisture in the air, listen and see if your leafs "pop". When its wet, I get a "pop" sound/feel from the spring wrap areas on both of mine. This happens then the suspension flexes or articulates.

When I brought this up to the ICON dealer I purchased the springs from I was told it was normal and their own shop trucks did this too.

Before anyone asks, springs were installed correctly and everything was installed hand tight while in the air then torqued to spec with the full weight of the truck on them on the ground. Bolts were check/retorqued several times. Factory shackles were used as well. '

Sorry to highjack, delete if you want.

- Travis

OP
OP
J

Jeff Williams

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, the next time it rains or there's a lot of moisture in the air, listen and see if your leafs "pop". When its wet, I get a "pop" sound/feel from the spring wrap areas on both of mine. This happens then the suspension flexes or articulates.

When I brought this up to the ICON dealer I purchased the springs from I was told it was normal and their own shop trucks did this too.

Before anyone asks, springs were installed correctly and everything was installed hand tight while in the air then torqued to spec with the full weight of the truck on them on the ground. Bolts were check/retorqued several times. Factory shackles were used as well. '

Sorry to highjack, delete if you want.

- Travis
So far no noises from the leafsprings when it is raining. I have been in the rain about 3 to days since I installed them. I still need to raise the front up about 1.5 to 2.0 to level it out. So far I am really happy with them.