Installed new model TurboSmart BOV kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant imagine it affects anything in the fuel system. Vacuum lines are vacuum lines, unless you have a leak, the system still should work normally.

It should, and most likely does. But would we really want to take that chance on an extremely complicated system that has thousands of sensors and shit loads of pounds of pressure at the injectors? With the shit going on in side these motors with cams, timing shifting, etc., don't really think that Ford just put that hard ass hose on JUST for the sound. I mean, it's possible, but either way, it's still annoying and silly to have this caliber of truck to 'tick' at stop lights and people look at it like a dog tilting their heads.
What is upsetting the most is their negligence and lack of care to even try to address this issue. And now that I pretty much know my valve is not operating properly, I am trying to get it replaced or just return. and the place i got it from, the rep is out of town right now. Go internet shopping, yayy! Stage 3 motorsports if anyone wondered.

OP
OP
xgardx

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ordered a full race throttle body spacer the other night. Best to my door price I could find was Stage 3 motor sports with a $5 off coupon code and free shipping. Just picked up a variety pack of heat shrink tubing to try and reuse / fix the hard pipe vacuum line connection. If that doesn’t seem to seal up well enough with a few zip ties around it once it’s shrunk around, I think I found a whole new “fur tube support” for 39.86 from tascaparts.com

Hopefully it clears up the ticking

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have though about reusing the existing pipe (or new oem one) and just adding a brass barbed “T” in the middle for the tube from the BOV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have though about reusing the existing pipe (or new oem one) and just adding a brass barbed “T” in the middle for the tube from the BOV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please let us know how just adding a T connection works. Good thought, and might actually work.
Would suggest to do the T as close as possible to manifold, but don't think location will have that much of an effect. But none the less, let us know how it goes.

for now, I'm gonna go the spacer route I think and re-use old hose with the Gates wrap. Unless something comes up. Just not as exciting to go out and work on the truck when its to fix a mod already done.. little on the boring side, but if works, will definitely feel better.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if someone is installing a new one very shortly would you recommend a different hose or setup with the install?

OP
OP
xgardx

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would order the full race throttle body spacer and not cut off the factory fuel support pipe or use the supplied splitter from TS. Spend the $100 now and be done with it vs having to buy a new $50-60 hose/fitting later as well
So if someone is installing a new one very shortly would you recommend a different hose or setup with the install?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Yeah bro, this is the first truck to use vacuum lines to run shit. You guys are right, you win.

I didn't name the part. don't get ****** with me for the connotation that the actual part name, which was chosen by Ford engineers, infers as to the purpose of the part. They didn't name the windshield wipers "speed support sticks" because engineers tend to be pretty matter of fact with naming parts.

If it is actually for something else and you are willing to teach us what that might be, I'm all ears and would love to learn.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question:

Harder and Softer, what does this mean for the BOV?

Harder it is for the pressure to be released?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir