GEN 2 Installed KING 3.0's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kings and Icon UCA's are on. Only drove it home and hit some places with some bumps... Holy hell when I say smoooth. Much different than stock shocks with collars. Going in the dirt on Sunday

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kings and Icon UCA's are on. Only drove it home and hit some places with some bumps... Holy hell when I say smoooth. Much different than stock shocks with collars. Going in the dirt on Sunday
Yeah it’s a totally different animal with fox/king/icon upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Santiago Palacio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After careful consideration with what aftermarket shock package I wanted to run on my Gen 2, I decided KING was the way to go.

I've run different variations of Fox's in the past for years now, however, one thing that always bothered me is that they were never a true 3.0 shock (Front Coilovers) as they use sleeves inside the body of the shock to utilize their Internal Bypass. When I found out KING had developed their own Internal Bypass and kept consistant with it being a true 3.0, it was a no brainer.

The pedigree and race heritage that KING has is undeniable and even the shocks built for non race vehicles still maintain the essence and parts of true race shocks. Plain and simple, they build some badass shocks across the board.

I've just recently installed these shocks and as of this post, I only have some road miles on them this far. They ride as smooth as stock on the road which is surprising because they're really intended to excel in the dirt. In the past, we've found that you sacrifice diminished street ride quality for improved ride quality offroad. Not the case this time around so I can't wait to get these things out in the desert.

The purpose of this thread will really be about documenting my experience offroad with them and how I go about setting them up for optimum performance. I'm really excited to see what increased capabilities these shocks have in store for our trucks. I will be continually updating this thread as I get some real seat time with this setup.

In the meantime, here's some pics of them installed and it goes without saying, they look fast just sitting still. I've also included some specs on this package.

5f60d0ba123f1a409947f098dc976da8.jpg

dcf944f9b9ae679e6113011798f97f16.jpg

81a198a29bf0de6d91a0db5b4669e156.jpg

7d0521e72e6d815bcede7d665c81e01d.jpg

2017+ Ford Raptor
King Shocks 3.0 IBP Performance Series Kit
100% bolt on
Large 3.0” OD shock bodies
A true, full diameter piston and valve stack for maximum damping control
Fully able to rebuild, service, or tune
Finned Reservoir
Factory tuned for optimal ride quality
Material quality and tolerances to match our top race shocks.

Front

Large 3.0 mono-tube shock body
Patented “Internal Bypass” (IBP) technology
Compression adjuster
Reduces shock cavitation
30 clicks of compression adjustment
1” diameter shaft
3.5” OD finned reservoir
1 piece extrusion- not a sleeve
New hose attachment allows easy hose clocking
100 % bolt on

Rear
Proven external bypass design
4 Bypass tubes
Position sensitive damping
Separate compression and rebound external adjustments
1” diameter shaft
2.95” OD finned reservoir
100 % bolt on

Any particular reason why you went for kings over fox?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
@zom have you tried the Fox 3.0’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry I missed this.

Yes, before I went mid-travel, I had 3.0s on my truck.

They make a large, noticeable difference. it seems like the king option has one adjustment knob. the fox offering has a high-speed adjustment and a low-speed adjustment.

Stock>3.0 and 3.0>2.5 CO / 3.5 bypass are about the same amount of improvement in the dirt.

i.e. - you can go through terrain that will break a stock truck with a 3.0 equipped truck.

BUT, you can haul ass through terrain in a mid-travel truck that will break a 3.0 equipped truck in very bad ways.

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After careful consideration with what aftermarket shock package I wanted to run on my Gen 2, I decided KING was the way to go.

I've run different variations of Fox's in the past for years now, however, one thing that always bothered me is that they were never a true 3.0 shock (Front Coilovers) as they use sleeves inside the body of the shock to utilize their Internal Bypass. When I found out KING had developed their own Internal Bypass and kept consistant with it being a true 3.0, it was a no brainer.

The pedigree and race heritage that KING has is undeniable and even the shocks built for non race vehicles still maintain the essence and parts of true race shocks. Plain and simple, they build some badass shocks across the board.

I've just recently installed these shocks and as of this post, I only have some road miles on them this far. They ride as smooth as stock on the road which is surprising because they're really intended to excel in the dirt. In the past, we've found that you sacrifice diminished street ride quality for improved ride quality offroad. Not the case this time around so I can't wait to get these things out in the desert.

The purpose of this thread will really be about documenting my experience offroad with them and how I go about setting them up for optimum performance. I'm really excited to see what increased capabilities these shocks have in store for our trucks. I will be continually updating this thread as I get some real seat time with this setup.

In the meantime, here's some pics of them installed and it goes without saying, they look fast just sitting still. I've also included some specs on this package.

5f60d0ba123f1a409947f098dc976da8.jpg

dcf944f9b9ae679e6113011798f97f16.jpg

81a198a29bf0de6d91a0db5b4669e156.jpg

7d0521e72e6d815bcede7d665c81e01d.jpg

2017+ Ford Raptor
King Shocks 3.0 IBP Performance Series Kit
100% bolt on
Large 3.0” OD shock bodies
A true, full diameter piston and valve stack for maximum damping control
Fully able to rebuild, service, or tune
Finned Reservoir
Factory tuned for optimal ride quality
Material quality and tolerances to match our top race shocks.

Front

Patented “Internal Bypass” (IBP) technology
Compression adjuster
Reduces shock cavitation
30 clicks of compression adjustment
1” diameter shaft
3.5” OD finned reservoir
New hose attachment allows easy hose clocking
100 % bolt on

Rear
Proven external bypass design
4 Bypass tubes
Position sensitive damping
Separate compression and rebound external adjustments
1” diameter shaft
2.95” OD finned reservoir
100 % bolt on
RAPTIZZLE

We would LOVE your feedback. If you’re still active on here... thanks

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you show how your front reservoirs are mounted? Putting a set on a truck with the add pro frame cut front bumper and trying to get some ideas because the stock mounts aren't going to work

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I missed this.

Yes, before I went mid-travel, I had 3.0s on my truck.

They make a large, noticeable difference. it seems like the king option has one adjustment knob. the fox offering has a high-speed adjustment and a low-speed adjustment.

Stock>3.0 and 3.0>2.5 CO / 3.5 bypass are about the same amount of improvement in the dirt.

i.e. - you can go through terrain that will break a stock truck with a 3.0 equipped truck.

BUT, you can haul ass through terrain in a mid-travel truck that will break a 3.0 equipped truck in very bad ways.

My question is how big of an improvement are the extra 2 inches of Mid travel compared to like stage 4 Icon kit, I am really satisfied with the Icon Kit specially after re tuning it.

I wish I can upload a video to show you the difference.

My consideration going Mid Travel is justifying the cost compared to the performance gained.

I drive pretty hard and I like to jump the truck hit whoops on high speed. I know a mid travel will suit my style of driving but I have a hard time justifying the extra cash +shipping and hassle of only installing it here.

Is it like comparing a leaf truck to a linked one?

That's just an overstatement.

And if you have to re upgrade your truck again, would you go mid travel SVC with all other options available in the market.