Installed Gen 2 Fox Race Series Coilovers……FINALLY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not sure why the aftermarket company’s are lagging on suspension parts for the Gen 3. I think after 3 years there are plenty out there to make a good roi on their r&d
In the topic if Fox, theres heavy turnover issues and struggles maintaining employees to actually do the shocks. Then as Nick said, supply chain issues were a huge issue that theyre still recovering from.

Ivan Dan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 3" Coilovers on my new (to me) 21 and it rides phenomenal. I haven't been offroad with it yet but based on how it works around town with bumps, dips, etc I think it will ride great. I'd love to upgrade the rears if Fox ever comes out with something.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Gen 2 Fox Factory rear shocks work on the Gen 3 also? And I guess the other question would be if the stock Gen 3 rear shocks will fit on a 2019 LV truck?

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Gen 2 Fox Factory rear shocks work on the Gen 3 also? And I guess the other question would be if the stock Gen 3 rear shocks will fit on a 2019 LV truck?
I’m curious about this also but with the removal of the leaf springs it not sure what else they changed geometry wise

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many others have put on the full Gen 2 suspension of fox and king.

I’m curious because I would do a gen 3 into my gen 2. Finding them is way easier and cheaper and I know the live valve can be blocked off or the e-click

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally have run fox race series on my gen 3, do a search.
I’ve searched and while I’m pretty confident the front coil overs work on the Gen 3, I’ve not seen confirmation that the rear Fox Factory shocks fit the Gen 3. I’ve ordered both front and rear from NeoGarage. I guess I’ll keep searching. There was one post from a guy who said he did both front and rear along with Foutz spring spacer in the rear, but he just kinda fell off the face of the earth after his initial post.
Is adjusting preload on the coil overs pretty straight forward? Just looking at photos of them, I can’t see the adjustment collar I’m used to seeing on coilovers I’ve put on cars in the past.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve searched and while I’m pretty confident the front coil overs work on the Gen 3, I’ve not seen confirmation that the rear Fox Factory shocks fit the Gen 3. I’ve ordered both front and rear from NeoGarage. I guess I’ll keep searching. There was one post from a guy who said he did both front and rear along with Foutz spring spacer in the rear, but he just kinda fell off the face of the earth after his initial post.
Is adjusting preload on the coil overs pretty straight forward? Just looking at photos of them, I can’t see the adjustment collar I’m used to seeing on coilovers I’ve put on cars in the past.

I didn’t adjust mine, just bolted them
On out of the box. They gave me about 1” of lift.

You’ll lose 1” of Tavel as they were designed for the previous gen l, which had 1” less of travel, but you’ll never notice.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t adjust mine, just bolted them
On out of the box. They gave me about 1” of lift.

You’ll lose 1” of Tavel as they were designed for the previous gen l, which had 1” less of travel, but you’ll never notice.
We will never need much travel on our Gen 3, it’s a pavement princess. I have a Gen 2 for dirt work.
We put 37’s on stock beadlocks on the Gen 3. Just looking to get a little lift so the wheel wells don’t look so full. I might end up putting the rear shocks on my Gen 2 and see what size Foutz spring spacer I might need for the rear of the gen 3, Foutz has a 1/2,3/4 and 1in rear spacer that looks very quality.
I’ll move the current Gen 3 shocks to my Gen 2, that way I’ll have 4 extra shocks if I ever need a rebuilt…. If I don’t change my mind…. That’s the plan for now.