Installed Gen 2 Fox Race Series Coilovers……FINALLY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not sure why the aftermarket company’s are lagging on suspension parts for the Gen 3. I think after 3 years there are plenty out there to make a good roi on their r&d

A couple things come to mind. The trucks were launched in the middle of the supply chain and shutdowns in 2020-2021 so that caused a delay.

King still doesn't have any shocks that have electronic dampening control. Icon has just started to use this technology with their CDEV system. Fox claims that there is something on they're on the way for the Gen 3, but they still are taking forever to even make current products. They're producing a number of shocks for OEMS including Bronco Raptor, F-150 Raptor, etc. and those contracts pay pretty well, I'd assume.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple things come to mind. The trucks were launched in the middle of the supply chain and shutdowns in 2020-2021 so that caused a delay.

King still doesn't have any shocks that have electronic dampening control. Icon has just started to use this technology with their CDEV system. Fox claims that there is something on they're on the way for the Gen 3, but they still are taking forever to even make current products. They're producing a number of shocks for OEMS including Bronco Raptor, F-150 Raptor, etc. and those contracts pay pretty well, I'd assume.
Live valve sucks anyways, use a delete kit and give me fancy old school reservoir knob that you can set as you wish.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Live valve sucks anyways, use a delete kit and give me fancy old school reservoir knob that you can set as you wish.

While I don't disagree, when we have customers upgrading shocks on the Gen 2 we sell Fox Factory Race LV 3.0s 99% of the time because people want to keep their LV setup. And then some will also add SDI E-Click on top of it as well for full adjustability.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I don't disagree, when we have customers upgrading shocks on the Gen 2 we sell Fox Factory Race LV 3.0s 99% of the time because people want to keep their LV setup. And then some will also add SDI E-Click on top of it as well for full adjustability.
Yes, I agree with you. I put some Race Series on my Gen 3 for that very reason, it has an electronic sensor I didn’t want to disable. Fox makes good products, however if Icon or King made a set of application specific suspension, with or without, electronic servos to move the adjusters. I’d jump on either. Whoever comes our first with it, I will be getting for my new Raptor R

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you. I put some Race Series on my Gen 3 for that very reason, it has an electronic sensor I didn’t want to disable. Fox makes good products, however if Icon or King made a set of application specific suspension, with or without, electronic servos to move the adjusters. I’d jump on either. Whoever comes our first with it, I will be getting for my new Raptor R
I bet they don't have a way to disable the live valve set up in the truck yet and that's the hold up

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could justify the price for the added benefits… My Gen 3 hasn’t seen too much dirt and the daily/on-road ride feels great so far.

One day when my shocks are in need of service or I start doing more off-road things, I’ll cough up the dough.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the live valve disable module works on Gen 3 as confirmed to my by Icon and RPG.
Well what the heck is taking them so damn long? 3 model years deep and we have nothing for legit upgrade options. You would think 1 of them would break the ice here

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first installed Camburg 1 1/2 inch collars on my truck, didn’t like how much lift they gave me and was not impressed with how the OEM suspension couldn’t handle the additional pre-load tension of the coil. Definitely didn’t ride as well dampened as I had hoped.

I then installed a set of 1” Eibach springs and they were a vast improvement over the collars, but still left a little to be desired on how they handled down travel, as again, the OEM shocks aren’t tuned for added tension of the Eibachs and the rebound was too fast for my liking.

So I decided to upgrade to the fox race series, coil overs, even though they are not application specific. I can say that these are far better than any of the previous lifts that I had done. Obviously as they are tuned to work with the spring that they have installed on them. I added a little bit of preload based on some of the left I’ve seen from other people doing the same thing, however, they seem to lift my truck a little bit more than some of the other people I have seen online. I only added 1/2 inch a free load to the collar and they actually gave me about 2 inches of lift. I am going to take all the pre-load out of the collar, just like how they came, and that should give me right around 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch of lift over the OEM set up. There is such a night and day difference between the ride of these coil overs, and doing a lift collar or springs that it isn’t even funny. I wouldn’t even waste my time with any other set up. I wish I didn’t waste the time and the money with those cheaper options.

As the truck sits right now, it is at 43 inches in the front, and 42 inches in the rear. It has 37 inch BFGKO2 tires.
can u post a few more pics of the stance?