Installed Full Race / ADD Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people should post their numbers aat vs iat, with the full race in California heat i’m Usually sitting at 15-18degrees over aat. Way better than stock, way better.

yes, this forum is severly lacking in people posting data logs. If you go on the fullrace website under the blog section theres a decent overview by MPT that has some metrics including IATs

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the I/C now quick question i did not put the louver back , i did not see the use i left all the shutters on it . I dont see the use of putting the louver back without the shutters serves really no purpose

Thoughts?

Calabro

Reaction score
I have same intercooler . There is no room to put them back. Needless to say I’ve had no issues in doing so. Love it and it’s look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Full race makes bumpers for the raptor? Wrong company me thinks buddy

correct, we do not make bumpers. Turbo parts only

Full Race claims a 20% increase in flow - which is really a BS number since flow rate differences are not linear, meaning their claim of 20% could be at 2000CFM. We will never see 2000CFM. Without a flow graph it's anyone's guess.

hi - sorry i never saw this post. Full Race made the first upgraded f150 ecoboost intercoolers in 2011. We used sheet metal endtanks because it was cheap any easy to build for the very low volume (at that time nobody was modifying f150 ecoboost).

attached is the overlay showing the difference // to be clear the endtank improvement is a 20% decrease pressure drop (compared the sheet metal endtank used by our competitors). This % number came from the CFD analysis done by my 2 very smart engineers using ANSYS software. verified on headgames superflow flow bench (headgames does our flowbench work). A proper cast tank with internal divider is the only way to do this application right IMHO.

endtank-overlay.png

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was talking about your first gen intercooler, the one without the cast end tanks as compared to the new cast end tanks. I see you again say 20% less pressure drop, but I will reiterate that without any flow graphs that 20% is almost meaningless.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it does. IATs are much much lower with the FR IC.

Also- my truck has thrown zero codes and i do not have the shutter motors hooked up.

Also- For those looking at the Full Race IC, you will still need to order whichever bumper MFGs lower bracket so everything plays nice with a frame cut bumper.

The one that comes directly from full race doe not work with a fair amount of the different frame cut bumpers.

I have the shutter motors hooked up and it still throws codes but not a CEL. Only reason I know it throws codes is cause I have the Cobb Accessport hooked up and was playing with it. It throws one code that is defined as 'shutter position...' and then like a dozen other codes that have no definition to them but are just indicating each position of the shutters. As I said, no CEL and truck runs fine.

Foraye

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good discussion gents...learned a lot!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk