Installed Foutz Motorsports Rear Coil Spacers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rengastarr

Rengastarr

Reaction score
Haha I saw that!! Makes me wonder what the factory bump stops are doing at that point...
Ya, my bump stops before I put the spacers on were already so far from ever touching the rear-end, they serve no purpose. My tire would have to be blasted up through my wheel well for that bump stop to ever touch. Seriously, the stock one is several inches if not more away from my rear-end when I'm fully flexed.

I even bought and installed the oversized bump stops for towing, these are over twice the size as the ones from the factory, and they're still too far away to do anything. WTF is going on here Lol! The instructions from these oversized bumps says they're supposed to be an 1-1/2" or closer to the rear-end when unloaded/not towing :33:

These things need to be 4" lower...

IMG-3690.jpgIMG-3687.jpg

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, my bump stops before I put the spacers on were already so far from ever touching the rear-end, they serve no purpose. My tire would have to be blasted up through my wheel well for that bump stop to ever touch. Seriously, the stock one is several inches if not more away from my rear-end when I'm fully flexed.

I even bought and installed the oversized bump stops for towing, these are over twice the size as the ones from the factory, and they're still too far away to do anything. WTF is going on here Lol! The instructions from these oversized bumps says they're supposed to be an 1-1/2" or closer to the rear-end when unloaded/not towing :33:

These things need to be 4" lower...

View attachment 344486View attachment 344487

Beefy stopper...

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes aware of this, what is it in the above post you’re referring to by stating that?
Just the general comments about distance from the bumps. That is a lot of travel, but I can see the need for towing as you said. Someone needs to invent something that could be put within the springs to limit/dampen travel for towing, cargo, etc., that you could easily install/remove quickly. It sucks you have to chose one or the other or change the whole system like add bags.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rengastarr

Rengastarr

Reaction score
Just the general comments about distance from the bumps. That is a lot of travel, but I can see the need for towing as you said. Someone needs to invent something that could be put within the springs to limit/dampen travel for towing, cargo, etc., that you could easily install/remove quickly. It sucks you have to chose one or the other or change the whole system like add bags.
Exactly! I totally agree. Timbren was so nice when I brought this big gap issue to their attention, they’re sending me some spacers to make these active bumps function properly. when I’m towing my toy hauler it has my built XP4 Turbo in it and that thing does laps around the raptor anyhow so the side-by-side will do most of the heavy lifting off routing wise on the trips anyway. So I am really leaning towards the towing capability on these trips. Another option would be just remove those oversized bump stops once I get where I’m going, they literally take 15 minutes to take off so that’s not a huge deal either if I want to take the raptor out for a run

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Rengastarr , these posts got me thinking the last few days, I and started doing more research on this topic of bump stops. For me this is important because I do plan on using every inch of available wheel travel when I get my gen3. My research led me to discover there is actually a “primary” bump stop integrated into the shock itself, very similar to how the bump stops are integrated into the fronts. I suspect the bump stops in question (mounted to the frame) are actually secondary to prevent damage in an extreme situation where there is full compression and frame twisting which is common at high speeds.

That said, I think for me, if/when I receive my truck and lift the rear, I’ll also install one of those adjustable hydraulic bump kits that let you switch out to 4 inch long bump stops in a few minutes to help level the truck under heavy loads. I always wanted to do that upgrade on my gen2 but life got in the way. I think this would be the ideal way to go with the gen3 as well for folks like us who like to play and tow/carry a load in the bed from time to time.

OP
OP
Rengastarr

Rengastarr

Reaction score
Hey @Rengastarr , these posts got me thinking the last few days, I and started doing more research on this topic of bump stops. For me this is important because I do plan on using every inch of available wheel travel when I get my gen3. My research led me to discover there is actually a “primary” bump stop integrated into the shock itself, very similar to how the bump stops are integrated into the fronts. I suspect the bump stops in question (mounted to the frame) are actually secondary to prevent damage in an extreme situation where there is full compression and frame twisting which is common at high speeds.

That said, I think for me, if/when I receive my truck and lift the rear, I’ll also install one of those adjustable hydraulic bump kits that let you switch out to 4 inch long bump stops in a few minutes to help level the truck under heavy loads. I always wanted to do that upgrade on my gen2 but life got in the way. I think this would be the ideal way to go with the gen3 as well for folks like us who like to play and tow/carry a load in the bed from time to time.
Wow, thanks for that info. I had no idea they had a "bump" built into the shocks themselves. Makes more sense now why those others seem so far away! I should have the new Timbren springs (they call the oversized bumps springs) as well as some 4" spacers they're sending, in the next few days. I'll probably get them installed next week and I'll get back with an update. Fingers crossed they help with the squat, and I can still rip around in it. They're supposed to compress when impacted hard, I'll put them to the test! Lol

SouthernRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of installing these, as my front is approx 1/2 higher than the rear after installing RPG 1.5.

How much did the 3/4 raise the rear? I don’t want to assume anything.

OP
OP
Rengastarr

Rengastarr

Reaction score
I’m thinking of installing these, as my front is approx 1/2 higher than the rear after installing RPG 1.5.

How much did the 3/4 raise the rear? I don’t want to assume anything.
I didn’t measure, but it’s just a spacer that moves the upper spring mount location down 3/4”. I do not think it’s affects any other geometries, but not sure. Sorry didn’t think to do the B&A measurements! I have the 2.25” RPG collar, and I’m definitely still higher in the front. I’d say you’ll be looking pretty good with the 1.5”!