Installed "****** 9500ci Passport Ultimate Radar - Laser Defense System" on my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Radar Jammers

Radar jammers work on the principle of interfering with or overwhelming the doppler shift that occurs from the reflected radar beam that police RADAR guns require to obtain a vehicles speed.

Unlike police laser (at least in most states), police RADAR can not be legally jammed, in fact, any attempt to do so (whether one is successful or not, most active radar jammers are not) is a federal offense and violates FCC regulations. Simply put: you can be sent to jail if caught using a radar jammer.

Jamming Laser or LIDAR?
There are no Federal laws against the transmission of infrared light. Therefore, laser jammers are legal in most states except while on a military base and/or in a commercial vehicle weighing over 10,000 pounds. States that have banned the use of all jammers include California, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia, and Washington DC and Texas....

Just an FYI

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Radar Jammers

Radar jammers work on the principle of interfering with or overwhelming the doppler shift that occurs from the reflected radar beam that police RADAR guns require to obtain a vehicles speed.

Unlike police laser (at least in most states), police RADAR can not be legally jammed, in fact, any attempt to do so (whether one is successful or not, most active radar jammers are not) is a federal offense and violates FCC regulations. Simply put: you can be sent to jail if caught using a radar jammer.

Jamming Laser or LIDAR?
There are no Federal laws against the transmission of infrared light. Therefore, laser jammers are legal in most states except while on a military base and/or in a commercial vehicle weighing over 10,000 pounds. States that have banned the use of all jammers include California, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia, and Washington DC.

Just an FYI

Correct. We are in agreement. Except laser jammers are illegal in Texas as of 9/1/11.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i highly doubt that. look at the the f 22 raptor. it uses its shape and radar absorbant materials to deflect the radar signal. you mean to tell me that, that brush on application can absorb radar signals? the f 22 uses a computer to tell when its radar signature has been reduced. so does our government have less technology for radar diffusion than this company? why doesnt the military just buy a shitload of this and coat all their planes with it? wouldnt it be a lot cheaper than spending millions of dollars on the design of a stealth aircraft? and just brushing that stuff on the headlights and a few other parts is going to protect the whole car? i dont buy it at all

No. VEIL is for laser. I don't have any experience with it, but sounds good. Go to Radar Roys site to see what is it is suppose to do. It is only meant to give you time to get off the gas. I'm on expert, only watched the vidieo on Radar Roys site.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good and bad news guys.

i have a 45 minute video of my install of my passport 9500ci install. everything from mounting and running wires, disassembly, and opening up my rear view mirror. good news...

bad news. how the hell do i edit it? something thats free and can allow me to cut a couple of seconds here and there. i have about 56 seperate video clips that i was able to merge into 1 file for upload, but there are those few seconds i want to cut.

also, bo, bird, whoever. post it here? or diy thread? this is a complete instructional video....

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good and bad news guys.

i have a 45 minute video of my install of my passport 9500ci install. everything from mounting and running wires, disassembly, and opening up my rear view mirror. good news...

bad news. how the hell do i edit it? something thats free and can allow me to cut a couple of seconds here and there. i have about 56 seperate video clips that i was able to merge into 1 file for upload, but there are those few seconds i want to cut.

also, bo, bird, whoever. post it here? or diy thread? this is a complete instructional video....

Windows 7 comes with Windows Live Movie Maker. I have used it for several quick free movies clips.

A