Installed Bakflip MX4 - love this thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$695 - $50 to Wyoming. Done. Supposed to hold true for month of December. (via the vendor in the F150forum)

Last edited:

fuhrius

Reaction score
can someone provide a link to the f150 forum group buy discussion or post up the vendor?

heffneil

Reaction score
Rebate is crap. You have to get it to them by January 2nd. I am traveling and there is no way I could mail the UPC to them by January 2nd. I emailed Bak about it and no response. Poor response makes me not want to buy their product at all.

Finnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebate is crap. You have to get it to them by January 2nd. I am traveling and there is no way I could mail the UPC to them by January 2nd. I emailed Bak about it and no response. Poor response makes me not want to buy their product at all.

I’m going to Priority mail it for $3.00. This way I get a tracking number and hold them to it!

At lease that’s my plan......

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rebate isn’t crap, your timing is.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone provide a link to the f150 forum group buy discussion or post up the vendor?

Let me Google that for you...smh.

www.RealTruck.com

$695 with free shipping is valid thru end of year is what I was told. Zach is the guy authorized to provide the pricing...but anyone should be able to get it done.

I did my purchase all via Chat (with Blake). That way you won't have to mess with Joining, PM'ing, etc. the F150Forum. Got the price agreed to, then they sent me a secure link for payment. Showed up on my doorstep a few days later.

Installed it tonight. This MX4 is awesome! So much nicer than the F1 I had on my Gen1. Better materials, seems lighter, same simple install.

Rebate required you purchase it by yesterday. https://bakindustries.com/file/11774-BK_MX4_RevX2_50RebateDec17.pdf

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

I'm wrong. there is a footnote saying the rebate is valid from bakindustries invoices meaning bought from the site.

Still purchased though. Just need my truck now.

See that link I posted above for the rebate form. It only <<excludes>> invoices from Bak Industries. Good for other retailers.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

...and it went a little something like this:

Chat URL: https://www.realtruck.com/bakflip-mx4-tonneau-cover/

Chat Transcript
05:59:28 PM Winter Savings Event! Chat Now for Easy Ordering & Guaranteed Fitment!
05:59:28 PM [Visitor] looking to get a Bakflip MX4 for my 2018 Ford F150 Raptor (5'6" bed). I'm a member of F150forums and wondered what the price would be to 8xxxx? Thanks
05:59:46 PM [Blake O] Let me check
06:01:01 PM [Blake O] For the MX4 it would be $799
06:02:08 PM [Visitor] I thought they were going out for more like $650-$700 depending on where
06:03:40 PM [Blake O] No, $799 would be the best price with free shipping and no sale tax
06:03:58 PM [Visitor] hmm. ok
06:04:02 PM [Blake O] Would you like me to get that on the way for you? When you order with a representative like myself, you are guaranteed fitment. If for any reason you receive this item and it does not fit, it will be picked up and exchanged for free.
06:04:24 PM [Visitor] thanks. gonna check around.
06:06:55 PM [Blake O] Okay, we do have the best price.
06:07:05 PM [Blake O] If you have any other questions please let us know.
06:08:53 PM [Visitor] do I need to PM Zach on the f150 board? I'm hearing prices of $650 and $695 to places about the same distance as 83014.
06:10:55 PM [Blake O] I just sent him a message and he said for the Month of December on the MX4 it would be $695
06:11:35 PM [Visitor] and I can still take advantage of the $50 factory rebate?
06:11:55 PM [Blake O] Yes
06:11:59 PM [Blake O] Would you like me to get that on the way for you? When you order with a representative like myself, you are guaranteed fitment. If for any reason you receive this item and it does not fit, it will be picked up and exchanged for free.
06:12:00 PM [Visitor] let's do it
06:12:08 PM [Blake O] May I first have your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, billing address and the address to which you'd like your item shipped, please? After inputting this information into our system I will be sending you a secure link for payment.

Last edited:

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine on the 13th and received it on the 18th. Just got done installing it and only took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Funny thing is I was looking at this same cover when I purchased my truck and locally it was $380 more with tax. I normally support local business and don't mind paying a few $ more but that was just too much savings to pass up. On my last truck I had an Undercover Flex. Although it looked nice the first one had to be replaced under warranty within the first year. Paint was peeling on the aluminum rails and the panels sunk in. Second one did the same after another year or so and I said screw it and never bothered to replace it. From what I heard the MX4 doesn't have these issues but time will tell. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how it looks and fits.

unixadm

Reaction score
This deal is still active. $695 shipped to California from Realtruck.com. I just chatted with them, mentioned that price and mentioned Zak.

Raptorous

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this deal!

Just bought one for $743.65 (includes tax and shipping)--thanks for helping me save some $$$! Happy New Year!