Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some would say 37s are redneck "woke". To each is own
How is desert racing “red neck”? Wouldn’t mud boggers be more red neck?

Why go buy a long travel raptor, when you could buy a Platinum and then be real “diddy wid it”

Attachments

• 5804BA6B-AEC4-44FA-AD54-BB68BCC9ECF6.jpeg
    5804BA6B-AEC4-44FA-AD54-BB68BCC9ECF6.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some would say 37s are redneck "woke". To each is own

What a stupid thing to say. He's trying to say 20's are dumb in a nice way because they defeat the purpose of the Raptor, and you usually see Raptor's on 20's crawling the mall parking lot, not in the desert like it should be.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a stupid thing to say. He's trying to say 20's are dumb in a nice way because they defeat the purpose of the Raptor, and you usually see Raptor's on 20's crawling the mall parking lot, not in the desert like it should be.
There is one problem with stupid, and that is, you can’t undo it.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of my own observations on this. I have a 23 37PP and I'm coming from a 18 Gen 2. For gas mileage I seem to be losing about .5 to .8 MPG. I got between 16.8 to 17 in my gen 2. I get 16.2 to 16.5 in my gen 3. The difference between my truck and yours could be anything from driving style to tire pressure. At 70 mph I do get more downshifting however, at 80 I get less.

I feel like the 37PP rides as well and has no more wandering than my gen 2 did at highway speeds. It's very stable at speed. On fast fire roads (60 to 80 mph) it actually seems a little better than my gen 2 was. My guess is the upgraded shocks have a lot to do with that. The 37's seem smoother and more planted. Both trucks are effectively the same except for the front suspension. I believe the front suspension contributes more with the 37 tire package than most people realize.

Another thing I have noticed is the transmission performance. My gen 3 transmission seems to shift smoother and a little more positively than my gen 2 transmission did. Once again this could simply be my perception. I have read some things that lead me to believe the 37PP transmissions have the same upgraded clutches and shift controls as the raptor r.

There seems to be an ongoing "love/hate" kind of thing with Raptor Owners and 37's. Most seem to think the factory did alright with the 37PP raptors. I think the suspension upgrades help with the issues but it's not the only or ideal solution. I'm interest in what the long term results of running 37's are with the 35 trucks.
A lot of that stability difference you notice is because of the linked rear end vs Gen2. I doubt the 37' cause it to wander anymore given contact patch is very similar and same tread design. I've just noticed the more I drive my Gen3 the better it feels everywhere over my Gen2, primarily in the rear in my opinion.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of that stability difference you notice is because of the linked rear end vs Gen2. I doubt the 37' cause it to wander anymore given contact patch is very similar and same tread design. I've just noticed the more I drive my Gen3 the better it feels everywhere over my Gen2, primarily in the rear in my opinion.
I would wholeheartedly agree!

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20's are the new 17's didn't y'all get the memo? Now 24' spinners while hitting the whoops would be legit. I'm also going to downsize to 33" cuz #rubberbandlife

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and tastes, especially on an expensive truck you paid for. With that said, 20’s are functionally stupid on a Raptor, and that’s just a fact.
only if you plan on doing heavy off-roading and or high speed off-roading. if your doing just light off-roading. 20's with 35's are perfectly fine. definitely will not perform as ford intended with the 20's but what % of people will use the truck the way ford intended. a huge number won't even see a dirt road heck maybe will never see snow either. so stupid is a idiotic statement. not saying youre an idiot by no means. I am not name calling at all. it is a little much and not really a fact. putting on 20's may be ill advised is perhaps is a better statement, especially if your doing raptor things. if its a street queen then 20s could arguably give a better feel of the road because of less sidewall.

Last edited: