Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the offset. that will be the big driver and compare it to the stock 37 offset. I run methods which are zero offset which should technically be more difficult. I sold my stock wheels and tires-all 5- as a package. Dont forget you either want to keep you tpms or sell the whole package and factor in new tpms in to your replacement cost.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on this thread, I am looking to get 5 of the 37" tires to update my 2021 Raptor 35 when I pick it up next week. Dealer wouldn't give anything for the brand new 35's on the truck, and Discount Tire would only offer $50 for them. Just want to check to see if the prior versions of the Raptors would use the 35's easily? Is this a good marketplace for those? Also, I did not get the beadlock wheels, only the basic wheels. @FordTechOne , do you know of any reason why the 37's wouldn't fit the basic wheels when it appears from this thread that the beadlock wheels seem to work fine? I think they have the same specs?
Join the fb groups for f150’s and raptors to sell the take offs.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the offset. that will be the big driver and compare it to the stock 37 offset. I run methods which are zero offset which should technically be more difficult. I sold my stock wheels and tires-all 5- as a package. Dont forget you either want to keep you tpms or sell the whole package and factor in new tpms in to your replacement cost.
I am just planning on keeping the stock wheels (but not beadlock version) for now. I assume the regular and beadlock stock wheels have the same specs?

WISHiHADaRAPTOR

Reaction score
Lots of speculation / feedback on if 37's would fit. Thought i would share some pics/info on my install.

- Stock truck, no suspension changes.

- No clearance issues, full lock each direction has a minimum of 2" clearance even at closest position to any chassis/fender.
- Full size Ford Forged wheel w/ 37X12.5R17LT fits in stock spare location no modification. I did have to center it as it was raised by moving it about 1/2 back.
- Tires are BFGoodrich 37X12.5R17LT 116S KO's (specs here)
- Ford Forged wheel + stock 35's weight was 103.2 lbs
- Ford Forged wheel + 37's weight was 101.6 lbs.
- Stock offset (34mm) which helps

Other notes:
- Plan is to per-order Fox Race shocks for 37’s
- Picked up some Alcon 5mm spacers but 12.5 wide 37" is narrower so the stock wheels have no clearance issues

Factory 17" Forged Aluminum wheels specs (from @FordTechOne):
- Forged Aluminum (bead lock): +1.3”/34mm
- “Raptor 37” forged aluminum bead lock: +1.2”/30mm

View attachment 322662

Installed

View attachment 323616

View attachment 323621

View attachment 323620

Closest position on front side

View attachment 322664
This is great info! Truck looks awesome!

speedracer00

Reaction score
Ok so what you are all saying, and showing, is that the 37 Performance Package from the factory is a big old ripoff. The cost of shoving some 37s on a 35 truck is a fraction of the price of optioning the performance pack isn't it (it's a 7k option, more if you count the other things they add automatically if you get the perf pack)? If some folks wouldn't mind telling us what adding 37's cost for them that would be a good reference. That also means that all those people paying crazy ADM's just because it's a performance pack optioned truck are getting seriously bent over. Even if you are cool with paying ADM it's not nearly as high on trucks that don't have the performance pack. I'm waiting on my tuck which I got with 35s because I couldn't find a dealer with a truck that had 37s anytime soon (i don't have what it takes to wait a year for an order) or at MSRP. Anyway it felt like a huge compromise but now that I'm reading this thread it seems like i really dodged an expensive bullet. So I guess the only rational reason to get a performance package is to keep the warranty in good standing. I'm sure that if you have any suspension issues or my guess even drive train issues ford will try to blame it on the larger tires that you added after the fact rather than buying it from ford.

theonepercent

Reaction score
Ok so what you are all saying, and showing, is that the 37 Performance Package from the factory is a big old ripoff. The cost of shoving some 37s on a 35 truck is a fraction of the price of optioning the performance pack isn't it (it's a 7k option, more if you count the other things they add automatically if you get the perf pack)? If some folks wouldn't mind telling us what adding 37's cost for them that would be a good reference. That also means that all those people paying crazy ADM's just because it's a performance pack optioned truck are getting seriously bent over. Even if you are cool with paying ADM it's not nearly as high on trucks that don't have the performance pack. I'm waiting on my tuck which I got with 35s because I couldn't find a dealer with a truck that had 37s anytime soon (i don't have what it takes to wait a year for an order) or at MSRP. Anyway it felt like a huge compromise but now that I'm reading this thread it seems like i really dodged an expensive bullet. So I guess the only rational reason to get a performance package is to keep the warranty in good standing. I'm sure that if you have any suspension issues or my guess even drive train issues ford will try to blame it on the larger tires that you added after the fact rather than buying it from ford.

From my understanding what you're paying for besides the actual 37's from the factory are...

The 37 performance package allows you to be able to carry a 37" spare. Although you can put 37's on a 35 you won't be able to carry a 37" spare.

Also, the 37 package suspension is specifically tuned for 37" tires. If you put 37's on a 35 the suspension will still be tuned as if it were on 35's.

That's what I took as the main differentiators from the 37 performance package option when I was trying to compare with and without when building mine.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
EXO Epeditionxoffroad leads BAJA rally's with a stock Gen 3 800A package with 37" tires added, Icon Rebound Pro wheels 17 x 8.5 +6 offset and has a 1.5" collar. Full send and high speed tested no rubbing what so ever and claims he doesn't even think the 1.5" collars are needed they were just testing Gen2 parts on Gen3 to see if they work.
Yes, 37 performance pack has (tuned) limited the travel an inch to 13"&14" vs the 35'" standard with 14"&15" of travel. The extra travel with 37" tires doesn't seem to affect him. Check out this video. (Wheel offset critical) Icon seems to have dialed in the max offset to maintain travel without rubbing. It's the reason they started making wheels...

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my understanding what you're paying for besides the actual 37's from the factory are...

The 37 performance package allows you to be able to carry a 37" spare. Although you can put 37's on a 35 you won't be able to carry a 37" spare.

Also, the 37 package suspension is specifically tuned for 37" tires. If you put 37's on a 35 the suspension will still be tuned as if it were on 35's.

That's what I took as the main differentiators from the 37 performance package option when I was trying to compare with and without when building mine.
You are Not totally right on this. I have a 35 that has 37s on it and a BFG 37 spare fits underneath. I have done it and so have a number of others. The shocks are slightly different. More pre load on the 37, 35 has more travel. Trade offs with both on the suspension set up-neither is better. Look at the EXO video above. Guy has a 35 and is driving pretty damn hard. He is also running 37sx13.5. Not sure if that would fit either underneath but the stock BFG 37 fits on the 35 underneath No problem. The video above like a lot of us are running collars and like he references, the biggest weakness in this truck now which will be addressed by the off-road companies like RPG and SVC is the softness of the rear springs and that is true for both the 35 and 37 packages. While the rear springs are not great, the truck still handles waaay better than the leaf spring rear of the Gen 1 and Gen 2.

theonepercent

Reaction score
You are Not totally right on this. I have a 35 that has 37s on it and a BFG 37 spare fits underneath. I have done it and so have a number of others. The shocks are slightly different. More pre load on the 37, 35 has more travel. Trade offs with both on the suspension set up-neither is better. Look at the EXO video above. Guy has a 35 and is driving pretty damn hard. He is also running 37sx13.5. Not sure if that would fit either underneath but the stock BFG 37 fits on the 35 underneath No problem. The video above like a lot of us are running collars and like he references, the biggest weakness in this truck now which will be addressed by the off-road companies like RPG and SVC is the softness of the rear springs and that is true for both the 35 and 37 packages. While the rear springs are not great, the truck still handles waaay better than the leaf spring rear of the Gen 1 and Gen 2.

I ended up going with a 35 but plan on putting some bigger wheels/tires so good to know a bigger spare will fit. I swear I saw a video prior to them starting to deliver and they were trying to explain all the differences and mentioned something about spare on a 35 wouldn't have enough room to carry a 37 if you ended up switching to 37's aftermarket.

Guess I can drop another $800 for that 5th wheel now...yay!

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with a 35 but plan on putting some bigger wheels/tires so good to know a bigger spare will fit. I swear I saw a video prior to them starting to deliver and they were trying to explain all the differences and mentioned something about spare on a 35 wouldn't have enough room to carry a 37 if you ended up switching to 37's aftermarket.

Guess I can drop another $800 for that 5th wheel now...yay!
If you are running a BFG 37 yes. I have a zero offset Method NV or 305 underneath with a 37 and it is no problem. If you are running a true 37 like a Toyo MT or something else, not sure. Will let others chime in on that but not even sure if a true 37 fits under a 37 package-it is pretty freaking close underneath. I dont run hard enough offroad to warrant two spares and a chase rack. Need my bed for other things so just being able to get a full size spare underneath was a win.