Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see most owners that are doing/considering this are also doing the 1.5" RPG collars. Serious question - How necessary is this step if you don't plan to do anything too crazy in the truck? Was planning on a few visits to Rausch and would rather not rip my fenders off if they're at risk.

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
I see most owners that are doing/considering this are also doing the 1.5" RPG collars. Serious question - How necessary is this step if you don't plan to do anything too crazy in the truck? Was planning on a few visits to Rausch and would rather not rip my fenders off if they're at risk.

I think it depends on offset of your wheels. In my case I’m using stock wheels so there’s no need.

trentp

Reaction score
Ok, finally got out to put it through its paces off-road with the 37s on my 35 truck. I did install 1.5” collars yesterday as well. Truck is amazing on 37s, noticeably smoother. And although I didn’t launch it huge I did get it airborn and had zero rubbing (again on stock wheels, with the RPG collar on).

One thing is that the spare tire did slide forward into the crossmember after being bounced around. Luckily Ford made tie down holes perfectly in line with the spare, so all you need to do is put a tie down strap to hold it back toward the rear bumper.

83C36AD5-E202-47C4-805D-720BFCC0731F.jpeg76ADEFFB-9F97-421B-A2DD-4B426E410EDA.jpeg34BAC623-9FBB-432B-A865-90A1C938B6EA.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
Ok, finally got out to put it through its paces off-road with the 37s on my 35 truck. I did install 1.5” collars yesterday as well. Truck is amazing on 37s, noticeably smoother. And although I didn’t launch it huge I did get it airborn and had zero rubbing (again on stock wheels, with the RPG collar on).

One thing is that the spare tire did slide forward into the crossmember after being bounced around. Luckily Ford made tie down holes perfectly in line with the spare, so all you need to do is put a tie down strap to hold it back toward the rear bumper.

View attachment 329117View attachment 329118View attachment 329119

Good to know! I’ll need to check my spare and add that now either way.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea if the standard wheels have the same specs as the "beadlock" capable wheels? I ordered mine with the standard wheels... sitting in the lot waiting on chips... UGH! I thought they might be identical other than the beadlock capability at least in size and offset, but figured I should check. Mine was built 10/19, but waiting to be sent out. Anyone built around the same date that has seen theirs ship yet?

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how and goes and post some pics please. You must be pumped.
posted in the wheels section but here are the first few shots. Zero rubbing issues and drove it pretty hard this am off-road. RPG 1.5 makes the truck level-I actually like the drive a bit better too. Method NVs are 0 offset too. Fullsize spare underneath no issues either.

IMG_2241.jpegIMG_2235.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
posted in the wheels section but here are the first few shots. Zero rubbing issues and drove it pretty hard this am off-road. RPG 1.5 makes the truck level-I actually like the drive a bit better too. Method NVs are 0 offset too. Fullsize spare underneath no issues either.

View attachment 329438View attachment 329439

Zero offset looks good!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d love to know, just cause I’m curious, how the larger tires affect braking Feel and distance.