Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trentp

Reaction score
I really appreciate this write up, I am going to go ahead and get some 37s ordered for mine. Only concern is the spare tire, you think its secure enough that it wont end up sliding forward in rough terrain and into the crossmember? I know that you said you had to slide the tire 1/2" back while lifting the spare so I am just wondering if it might want to bounce its way forward on a wash board road and end up against that bar. Either way, great looking truck!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so if a guy was really motivated to go fast, if you set your tire size to 44", you can defeat the speed limiter?

asking for a friend...
Wrong direction. Tell it you put on 24s. Or put on the 44s and let it continue to think it has 35s on ... All the truck knows is gear and RPM. Yes, they could use the GPS as a double-check, but why would they spend the time and money?

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great news. I pick up my new 35 tomorrow. Gping to go 37s with either the wheels you have-they are coming with the truck or will swap out and put Method 305s on mine. Same BFG load C 37s. I am thinking of a 1.5 RPG collar on the front for a little extra room. Would you mind measuring the height of your truck? Gotta check my garage height. My Gen 1 and Gen 2 fit with a perch mod on the Gen 1 and Icon Collars on the Gen 2 but I dont have a ton of room above-hoping this works out so I can still park inside given I live in the NOrtheast.

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
This is great news. I pick up my new 35 tomorrow. Gping to go 37s with either the wheels you have-they are coming with the truck or will swap out and put Method 305s on mine. Same BFG load C 37s. I am thinking of a 1.5 RPG collar on the front for a little extra room. Would you mind measuring the height of your truck? Gotta check my garage height. My Gen 1 and Gen 2 fit with a perch mod on the Gen 1 and Icon Collars on the Gen 2 but I dont have a ton of room above-hoping this works out so I can still park inside given I live in the NOrtheast.
Let us know how and goes and post some pics please. You must be pumped.

trentp

Reaction score
Installed my 37in KO2s yesterday and reprogrammed the tire size in FORScan to 2766mm and the speedometer seems about perfect. It feels like it rides better with 37s and sure looks a lot better! Power feels about the same. So far I’m very happy, as mentioned the spare fits fine, you just have to shift the tire back as you are raising it to clear the crossmember in front of the spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free