Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero rubbing across entire range with a 2” gap at it’s closest position bumper or chassis.
Going to get on a flex ramp soon and will post more detail.
Ride has a little more cushion which was the point (more sidewall).
No change in feel/power (1.5lbs difference in tires helps)
Very Slight increase in resistance in steering gut goes away when switching from Normal to Comfort.

A tune would be great but not an option yet

37’s look ideal (my preference) - the 35’s for me looked like they had some room for more.
Looking forward to seeing what happens with flex.

Truck looks A+++ btw.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of speculation / feedback on if 37's would fit. Thought i would share some pics/info on my install.

- Stock truck, no suspension changes.

- No clearance issues, full lock each direction has a minimum of 2" clearance even at closest position to any chassis/fender.
- Full size Ford Forged wheel w/ 37X12.5R17LT fits in stock spare location no modification. I did have to center it as it was raised by moving it about 1/2 back.
- Tires are BFGoodrich 37X12.5R17LT 116S KO's (specs here)
- Ford Forged wheel + stock 35's weight was 103.2 lbs
- Ford Forged wheel + 37's weight was 101.6 lbs.
- Stock offset (34mm) which helps

Other notes:
- Plan is to per-order Fox Race shocks for 37’s
- Picked up some Alcon 5mm spacers but 12.5 wide 37" is narrower so the stock wheels have no clearance issues

Factory 17" Forged Aluminum wheels specs (from @FordTechOne):
- Forged Aluminum (bead lock): +1.3”/34mm
- “Raptor 37” forged aluminum bead lock: +1.2”/30mm
Awesome man. Fitment looks good. You should be very happy you ordered the 35 and put the 37's on. That is definitely the better way to go.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So may the only factory benefit be the re valved shocks for the 37 package? And how many people or situations really notice this? Do the factory 37 trucks also have larger shock shafts/rods?

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
So may the only factory benefit be the re valved shocks for the 37 package? And how many people or situations really notice this? Do the factory 37 trucks also have larger shock shafts/rods?

Different rods, valving and I'm guessing tune differences. Also changes the spare tire location but not sure what since it fits in my 35 just fine.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for being the first to give it a shot and reporting your results. Looks awesome and I see some 37s in my future when it is time for tires. Did you remove the rings yourself before having the tire shop switch the tires?

StuPidaso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are a larger diameter

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
Thanks for being the first to give it a shot and reporting your results. Looks awesome and I see some 37s in my future when it is time for tires. Did you remove the rings yourself before having the tire shop switch the tires?

Local tire shop had no issue with the bead locks and torqued them properly / re-torque after couple hundred miles.

Last edited: