Installed 37 K03's and Eibachs, doing rear AAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted up some 37x12.5r17 BFG KM3's on the OEM beadlock wheels this weekend and did the Eibach coils up front. As she sits I'm a little under an inch low in the back w/an almost empty tank of fuel. My truck tows our 7k lb trailer 20% of it's life and spends a healthy portion romping around offroad. I'm not in a place right now to shell out $1500 for Deavers and another grand for rear bumps and as an interim solution decided to try adding a leaf between the overload and the first leaf with the objective of raising the rear an inch but also giving the tired stock pack a bit more help while towing. I had considered timbren's or bags but the offroad sacrifice isn't worth it to me and I don't want to have to install/remove every time I tow.
If they end up stiffening the pack to the point that I lose the ability to articulate the suspension offroad or comprimise ride quality I'll go Deavers but wanted to post up as I'm sure there are other people in my boat looking for a solution. I'll post up once they arrive and are installed what the end result is.
https://www.peaksuspension.com/products/add-a-leaf-17-raptor

Pic of the truck as it sits now:
20210303-121631.jpg

Last edited:

atombombmx

Reaction score
Damn, I was excited to hear about those new tires but turns out they are same that I have, KM3. For anyone that cares, these are incredible for the first year in snow and when they wear down become like a tonka truck tire. Siping helps but I would not recommend for a year round tire if you have to be in winter conditions.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deaver +3s will make it squat even further when towing a 7000 lb trailer. My tongue weight is 900 lbs and my Deaver +3s sagged 2.5 inches. I have RPG Stage 3 air bump stops, so I bought 4" extensions, aired the Fox shocks down to 60 lbs and this reduced my sag to about 1" while riding on the air bumps. (Not ideal, but it was workable) After adding a Blue Ox 10,000 lb WDH I was able to reduce it down to about 1/2" of sag.

To solve the sag issues, you can buy the Deaver +3 HDs and have a much better result without the need for Air Bumps and Extensions, but the ride will be considerable stiffer when driving empty.

The power on the Raptor was great and the ride was acceptable, but I would not recommend using it to tow a 7000 lb trailer for long distances, as I was getting tossed all over the road on windy days. Ultimately, I purchased a Ford Super Duty Diesel Tremor 1-ton to take over the towing duties for my Raptor. The Tremor is an awesome truck and will out tow the Raptor all day long, which as you know, was never meant to tow anything more than a very small utility trailer.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I was excited to hear about those new tires but turns out they are same that I have, KM3. For anyone that cares, these are incredible for the first year in snow and when they wear down become like a tonka truck tire. Siping helps but I would not recommend for a year round tire if you have to be in winter conditions.
Km3, damn typo got your hopes up! AAL comes Monday, trucks already apart for the install.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, appreciate the feedback and thoughts. Instead of turning it into another thread on Deavers I want to simply post up what I am doing and how it turns out so others have an additional data point when it comes to leveling the rear with an application that see's towing. Leafs come Monday!

Last edited:

oliver1539

Reaction score
Guys, appreciate the feedback and thoughts. Instead of turning it into another thread on Deavers I want to simply post up what I am doing and how it turns out so others have an additional data point when it comes to leveling the rear with an application that see's towing. Leafs come Monday!
Nice! I’ve been looking at something like this to level my truck after the Eibach install. How are you liking the aals? I will probably go this route as well depending on your feedback. Thanks!