Installation/Review JL Audio C5-570 Component Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one issue with not using the crossovers on the front tweeters is that they are not crossed over at the correct frequency. the jl tweeters will sound best when paired with the crossovers. the oem tweeter signal may be a bit low for the jl speakers. you will probably be fine for now, but when adding an amp make sure you use the correct crossover frequencies.

Allen K

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have an f150 and am looking to do the same install in my truck. One question...what was the reasoning for going with the c5 over the c3? I thought the c3 looked better but i also noticed it has the bigger tweeter which we would have to make the hole in the a pillar even bigger...any info would be appreciated!

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the c5 speakers are made in germany. its a different design compared to the c3. it will give you a little bit better midbass and a little different crossover setup.

Tornitron

Reaction score
the one issue with not using the crossovers on the front tweeters is that they are not crossed over at the correct frequency. the jl tweeters will sound best when paired with the crossovers. the oem tweeter signal may be a bit low for the jl speakers. you will probably be fine for now, but when adding an amp make sure you use the correct crossover frequencies.

I'll definitely add them when the time comes to install a new amplifier, thanks.

Any suggestions for an easy to install subwoofer that goes in the factory location and will fit next to the Tuffy under the seat storage box?

Tornitron

Reaction score
i built a box for a customer and it was a very tight fit. i can always make the box slightly smaller to accomodate it

What size sub would you be able to fit in it? Can you integrate the amplifier or do you offer a prefab bracket for it to attach behind the seat? I would be looking for something as plug and play and unobtrusive as possible. Thanks.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, there is no plug and play setup. you will need to run a bigger power cable and its better to tie into the rear speakers for signal rather than the existing sub wires. a jl 8w3 can fit with the xd300/1 under the 1/3 side seat, but with your box on the other side, may not fit. it requires all the space you can get.

ndecker2

Reaction score
is there a sub / box setup that will fit into the stock sub location? the rest of my back seat is usually folded up and I dont want to lose that space if possible but the stereo in the 2014's are terrible. It is a significant lose from what was in my 2012 Raptor!

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there a sub / box setup that will fit into the stock sub location? the rest of my back seat is usually folded up and I dont want to lose that space if possible but the stereo in the 2014's are terrible. It is a significant lose from what was in my 2012 Raptor!
yes, i make custom enclosures that fit in the oem location.