How To Install F150 Headlight Switch fog / driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got about 120 in it, but I paid Full price for the switch :/ those things I posted above were like 5.00 because it came with a little plug, like a hobby kit or something lol

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good write up. I was surprised the Raptor didn't have the pull out light switch for fogs like the 'regular' F150's. I like that feature. I'll have to look into this closer once I get what I want on my lights figured out...

jfcastag

Reaction score
How are the kits coming along? Any Progress I'd be interested in one as well. I'm looking at the the rigid license plate mounts and this would be perfect.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting on my brother with a price, for some reason he ordered me the harness behind the switch, then Christmas and everything, I was planning on bugging him about it mon or Tuesday. I found a place to get bigger packages of the little plugs and brought a package for the hell of it. Once I get the price of the switch I'll post and we all can figure out if it's worth the trouble. I paid around 100 for the switch but he has a ford hookup. He deals with GM Wholesale parts.

GTXgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switches from a 2012 and 2013 are different even though they look a like. I recently went to my local dealer and purchased a 2013 switch and the part numbers are different so is the price. The 2013 switch is cheaper than the 2012 and has a BA in the part number and the 2012 has a CA. The parts guys said the pins for the power where in a different location and that that is why the part numbers where different. I included a picture of the part number on my switch for those looking to purchase a 2013 switch

To continue the discussion, RockAuto provided a very easy understanding between the different switch options:

MOTORCRAFT Part # SW6635 {#9L3Z11654AA}
w/ Conventional Headlamp; w/o Fog Lamps
$20.79

MOTORCRAFT Part # SW6638 {#9L3Z11654DA}
w/ Automatic Headlamp; w/o Fog Lamps
$23.79

MOTORCRAFT Part # SW6636 {#9L3Z11654BA}
w/ Conventional Headlamp; w/ Fog Lamps
$25.79

MOTORCRAFT Part # SW6637 {#9L3Z11654CA}
w/ Automatic Headlamp; w/ Fog Lamps
$56.99

So, for my '14 I am ordering the last one. Amazon has it for $49, their "stock photo" is a stalk switch... but don't let that deter you.

Amazon.com: Motorcraft SW-6637 Headlamp Switch: Automotive

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone break down the wiring process where my dumb a@@ can understand it please?

Seems to me that one side of the switch would require the 12 volt feed and the other side would go to the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk