How To Install F150 Headlight Switch fog / driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SVT_4X4

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I I have only ever wired relays 1 way so I didn't know you could switch them around. Some googling comes across the attached diagrams for using a negative to trigger a positive so I will wire it up that way.

Thanks!

Good deal.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would there be any interest if I were to put a little kit together? After talking to my brother (works for GM) I guess he can get me the switch from a buddy at ford for cost so I may be able to put a kit together for a reasonable price... I know I need to talk to admin here if I do. I found female plugins that can simply be pushed into the existing harness so that should make for a semi simple installation.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would there be any interest if I were to put a little kit together? After talking to my brother (works for GM) I guess he can get me the switch from a buddy at ford for cost so I may be able to put a kit together for a reasonable price... I know I need to talk to admin here if I do. I found female plugins that can simply be pushed into the existing harness so that should make for a semi simple installation.

id be in for one as long as the price was reasonable

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother is getting me an exact price, we'll see what he comes back with.. I got nailed for hundred bucks for mine, everything else is cheap.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9825057572a3e6fcd9089219f0e0210b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just FYI guys those pins plugged in perfectly, snap and everything. I got one side wired up but it's really starting to come downother side will have to wait until tomorrow.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19444e304023c21aa28152b24e693f9c.jpg

If anyone is curious this is what the plugs were. You get them from the local RadioShack. Just Sauter them up and they snap right into the existing harness.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother is getting me an exact price, we'll see what he comes back with.. I got nailed for hundred bucks for mine, everything else is cheap.

I'd be interested too. I just priced everything out at just under 100 bucks and that is a bit too pricey to add a switch, hahahaha.