Initial Review of ICON 3.0 coilovers and Billet UCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What setting do you have your front and rear at? Most talk about soft for the road but I'm not sure that is the best it seems very bounces. I went on 200 mile run over the weekend and that was perfect but on road still trying to dial them in. Any help would be appercatied.

Thanks, Glassman

are you talking about the shocks.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What setting do you have your front and rear at? Most talk about soft for the road but I'm not sure that is the best it seems very bounces. I went on 200 mile run over the weekend and that was perfect but on road still trying to dial them in. Any help would be appercatied.

Thanks, Glassman

Front is normally S or 2 rear is 7-4-7. Works for me on the street. I don't really notice a big difference between S and 2 on the street.

To clarify, that's turns out from full bottom:
Short: 7
Long: 4
Revound: 7

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks, Glassman

I have mine on S and all the way open for the street. I turn them up to 5 or 7 while offroading since I don't want my 37's slamming into my stock fenders.

Rear is 8 clicks for the 2 compression tubes and 4 for rebound. I'm still playing with the rear as it launched a bit much on the last run. It probably had more to do with me using up all the rear travel but I'm sure it can be improved. I carry about 500lbs in the bed which changes things as well.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I have mine on S and all the way open for the street. I turn them up to 5 or 7 while offroading since I don't want my 37's slamming into my stock fenders.

Rear is 8 clicks for the 2 compression tubes and 4 for rebound. I'm still playing with the rear as it launched a bit much on the last run. It probably had more to do with me using up all the rear travel but I'm sure it can be improved. I carry about 500lbs in the bed which changes things as well.

You gotta find a new girlfriend, bro. :). Anyway, so you run both compression and the rebound tubes wide open on the street?

jacobp

Reaction score
One of the other annoyances I found with "top perch" was the inability to adjust the wheel track back out, retaining the wide factory "stance" of the Raptor. The increased height comes at a price of what I feel is the Raptor's desirable natural stance.

So do I need to get different UCA if I adjust my Icons as high as you have them? How will it affect the stance of the truck? Will it make the truck have less stance? Also, are the Icon UCA the only UCAs that are adjustable?

Thanks,
Jacob

D

Deleted member 12951

Also, are the Icon UCA the only UCAs that are adjustable?

Thanks,
Jacob

No, several others make them.
To name a few:
SVC
Rogue Racing
Camburg
Total Chaos
Outlaw Offroad and CST, I believe too

Some determining factors though are wheel offset and coilovers. I have the Rogue and they hit the ICON 3.0 coilovers at full droop but they are re-designing them to clear.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So do I need to get different UCA if I adjust my Icons as high as you have them? How will it affect the stance of the truck? Will it make the truck have less stance? Also, are the Icon UCA the only UCAs that are adjustable?

Thanks,
Jacob

It's not necessary to run aftermarket UCAs if you go up around top perch height, but it will allow you more alignment adjustability and like I said, you can lengthen the UCA and push the LCA out in the slots to retain some of your track width.

ICON at the time of this original post was the only company who made "adjustable" UCAs. I believe SVC also offers an adjustable design. The others RDFTS listed are not adjustable in the sense I am talking about.

D

Deleted member 12951

ICON at the time of this original post was the only company who made "adjustable" UCAs. I believe SVC also offers an adjustable design. The others RDFTS listed are not adjustable in the sense I am talking about.

Adjustable as in you can adjust without removing them? Are the ICON's easy to adjust when on because an unbiased vendor told me that they are difficult and might as well remove. I have no personal experience like you do just going off what I was told.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Adjustable as in you can adjust without removing them? Are the ICON's easy to adjust when on because an unbiased vendor told me that they are difficult and might as well remove. I have no personal experience like you do just going off what I was told.

At the time of this thread ICON had the only adjustable UCAs period. On or off the truck. Now I know of SVC who has a design solution to adjust on the truck. The rest you listed I don't know that they are adjustable at all, except I'm not sure about the Rogue now that I think of it. I think they have an adjustment collar that's similar to the ICON arms.

As for adjusting the ICONs it is simple when they are new, or for an indeterminate amount of time if you use plenty of anti sieze. As my arms are almost 3 years old and have seen some hard winters, forget about moving them. In my case the last time I had them off the truck I took them apart and lubed them up. Had I not done that, adjusting them would have sucked. If the adjustment collars sieze up then there's no way to get enough leverage on them to adjust them.