Infotainment screen randomly powering off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ta2punk

Reaction score
So I’ve had my truck for about 3 weeks. I’ve randomly had the infotainment screen power down with the power down raptor animation then 3sec later boot back up. It’s only happened 3 times, twice in my drive from Kentucky to Georgia the day I bought it and then once yesterday. Is this what it does when it receives an over the air update? Not super concerned because it comes back on just a few seconds after powering down and everything works fine still.

Has anyone else had this happen?

bbeaman

Reaction score
My 2021 brand LFG Raptor new had the central screen, radio and USB ports go down on the drive home and it would flicker on and off. Three weeks later the dealership figured out it was a bad APIM module. That fixed all. annoyed as they had the truck for three weeks to figure it out. They were nice enough to provide a loner (base bronco) which was interesting.. and very stiff suspension.

JAB2435

Reaction score
So I’ve had my truck for about 3 weeks. I’ve randomly had the infotainment screen power down with the power down raptor animation then 3sec later boot back up. It’s only happened 3 times, twice in my drive from Kentucky to Georgia the day I bought it and then once yesterday. Is this what it does when it receives an over the air update? Not super concerned because it comes back on just a few seconds after powering down and everything works fine still.

Has anyone else had this happen?
My 22 did that this morning. I picked the truck up from the dealer on 26 April. I am not sure if it was an update or not. I have noticed that the ride has stiffened up (it was sort of floating like an old Cadillac) and I dont have the noticeable second gear shift anymore. That's why I am on here this morning to find out what an over the air update is like on the Raptor.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22 did that this morning. I picked the truck up from the dealer on 26 April. I am not sure if it was an update or not. I have noticed that the ride has stiffened up (it was sort of floating like an old Cadillac) and I dont have the noticeable second gear shift anymore. That's why I am on here this morning to find out what an over the air update is like on the Raptor.
My truck also did the screen shut off yesterday and a full reboot. it has only happened once for me.

OP
OP
Ta2punk

Ta2punk

Reaction score
My truck also did the screen shut off yesterday and a full reboot. it has only happened once for me.
I have not had it happen to my truck since I made this post which leads me to believe it was possibly power cycling to apply some kind of software update.