Infotainment Bezel Finish Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorDawgMatt

Reaction score
Recently purchased a very gently used 2017. The only visible defect in the truck is what I would describe as a rough or slightly peeled surface in different places on the plastic around the infotainment area. Is this a known defect that others have experienced or has this likely been damaged in some way but the previous owner? Thanks.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not something that is commonly reported, but can't say whether it's owner damage without a picture.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree. You can also see the same sort of peeling a long the sealing of the air vent. Seems very unlikely to be a factory defect and more of an issue of cleaning product or exposure to something.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost looks like maybe it was vinyl wrapped by the previous owner. Does this feel like residue or paint lift?

OP
OP
RaptorDawgMatt

RaptorDawgMatt

Reaction score
It is not something that will rub off. It as if the film layer has bubbled or flaked.

having it replaced next week by my local dealer. Not too expensive. The dealer I purchased the truck from is going to participate.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely chemical damage; it's evident by the type of failure and spray pattern.

Glad to hear your dealer is replacing the panel at a fair price, that is encouraging with all of the negative experiences we hear about with dealers these days.

OP
OP
RaptorDawgMatt

RaptorDawgMatt

Reaction score
Definitely chemical damage; it's evident by the type of failure and spray pattern.

Glad to hear your dealer is replacing the panel at a fair price, that is encouraging with all of the negative experiences we hear about with dealers these days.

The newly replaced part looks great. I will try to remember to post a picture at some point tomorrow. Thanks.