Info on jlt cai for raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im on the same page as birdman here...as long as they have the same capacity, the location and routing is irrelevant, unless you are doing a ram air. so it really just comes down to the quality of the tune, which i would be wary of considering the truck from the factory has its own, which is basically the offroad mode. and that mode is awesome offroad, and i would not want to mess with it in any way.

I just got done emailing SCT they said they have support for the Raptor and can tune the off-road mode.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well...thats the thing, i dont want anything changed on my offroad mode, its damn near perfect in offroad situations...downshifts while going downhill, keeps the revs high when punched..its probably one of the best features on this truck. took my mother (yes my close to 60 year old mother LOL) offroading today, she nearly had a heart attack...but we did some slow crawls through some tight sections...truck was EPIC...if it wasnt, i will be the first to say otherwise trust me LOL but the last thing any of us would want to do...is mess with offroad mode.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im on the same page as birdman here...as long as they have the same capacity, the location and routing is irrelevant
FWIW I have considerable experience testing these things and I can tell ya that both location and routing can play huge parts in the effectiveness of a "CAI" or not. Things like where the air is drawn from, tube size, funnel effect, bend radiuses, tube materials, pulse harmonics... They all can play significant roles in the volume or air delivered, the turbulence in how it's delivered and its temps.

Having said all that I cannot speak at all regard this partular kit, nor any other for the F150; I haven't specifically tested anything for this platform. But it is worth noting as a general rule that the science of performance enhancing air delivery can be far more complex than slapping on a hi flow filter and big tube.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.but all we have in our stock tubing are air silencers...as long as you keep the diameter of the tube consistent, shouldnt have any ill effect, which is why i kept the stock housing, its 3" in diameter coming in, kept it consistent all throughout. I am not too sure whats the diameter on this setup? maybe more? which then explains everything...

Took my truck to Utah and back...also drove it down to denver and back..colorado springs and back..all of which have different elevations and so on...i also drove up to pikes peak...which is 14,000 feet above sea level..still no ill effects to my truck.

I agree, there are so many variables, which is why i dont stray too far from stock settings...and kept the stock housing. runs fantastic for me, love it actually, totally dig having 17 to 18 mpg!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SNIP
But it is worth noting as a general rule that the science of performance enhancing air delivery can be far more complex than slapping on a hi flow filter and big tube.

Somewhere right now, millions of drivers who think racing stickers add horsepower are doubling over in pain.