Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Induction Charger (QI) in console lid

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1]' started by Jay.gordon, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Jay.gordon

Jay.gordon Full Access Member

I have a 2011 SCrew and haven't done the USB2 mod yet and HATE the wires running across the shifter area and snaking out of the console lid. I'm planning to do the Mod soon and had an idea pop through my head.

Can you mount a cellphone induction charger on the lid of the console and charge your phone through the lid?

I've looked at all the specs that I could find and I can't find anywhere it says anything about distance from charger. This of course is not for Off Road. It would be nice to not have the charger cable snaked out of the lid.

Any Thoughts?

2. BogeyBoy82

BogeyBoy82 Member

My best friend did this on his sierra denali and it is the shit. I wish our trucks had a small tray in the console lid like his does. I'm planning on doing something similar in my Raptor but haven't thought it through all the way.

3. SterlingE55

SterlingE55 Full Access Member

Great idea. curious if it works.

4. VAFordGuy

VAFordGuy Full Access Member

Keep us updated if you guys do anything. the area around the speaker in center dash is the only "tray" type place i can think of but I'm sure that would be a huge pain anyways. something under the cup holder?

5. CourseMotorsports

CourseMotorsports Member

We have something that might work for you!

We are now offering a '09-'12 direct fit magnetic phone mount option:
    https://coursemotorsports.com/products/ford-direct-fit-magnetic-phone-mount-1

This can be paired with our wireless induction phone charger & mount:
    https://coursemotorsports.com/products/wireless-induction-phone-charger-and-holder