Increase Discount for balance of April

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Console safe arrived and I installed it. Super easy install. There's a bit of play in the front of the safe since the shortened front brace has nothing to push down on since the 2011 has no connectivity or blank block to prop the front of the safe up against the front lip of the console.

Only modification I did was too the organizer tray. Broke out the Dremel and box cutter to create a slot in the tray and liner for the lock and handle to fit through. Allows me to keep quick access items on top of the safe and easily move the tray out of the way to open the safe.

As an aside, the FedEx guy was lazy. I had to stroll around my culdesac checking doorsteps to determine it my package had been stolen or delivered to the wrong house. Package was delivered across the street to the wrong house. I guess they missed the clearly marked house numbers on the houses, mailboxes, and the curb. FedEx driver, you had one job! :rage:

That leads me back to the package. Saying that this product is packaged well would be a huge understatement. Overall really happy with the Lock'er Down console safe thus far. Minor annoyance is the bit of vertical play in the front, but I suppose that's the price of being somewhat future proof and I can live with that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rgnewell

rgnewell

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Console safe arrived and I installed it. Super easy install. There's a bit of play in the front of the safe since the shortened front brace has nothing to push down on since the 2011 has no connectivity or blank block to prop the front of the safe up against the front lip of the console.

Only modification I did was too the organizer tray. Broke out the Dremel and box cutter to create a slot in the tray and liner for the lock and handle to fit through. Allows me to keep quick access items on top of the safe and easily move the tray out of the way to open the safe.

As an aside, the FedEx guy was lazy. I had to stroll around my culdesac checking doorsteps to determine it my package had been stolen or delivered to the wrong house. Package was delivered across the street to the wrong house. I guess they missed the clearly marked house numbers on the houses, mailboxes, and the curb. FedEx driver, you had one job! :rage:

That leads me back to the package. Saying that this product is packaged well would be a huge understatement. Overall really happy with the Lock'er Down console safe thus far. Minor annoyance is the bit of vertical play in the front, but I suppose that's the price of being somewhat future proof and I can live with that.
If you wish, I can send you some heavy duty double-sided tape to put on the front bracket. I would have put some on the front bracket, if I would have realized the potential problem.
Bobby

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, Bobby. After using the console safe for a few days, I thinks it's plenty stable. You only get play if you pull up on the front of the safe. The console safe stays seated nicely on the bottom of the console and I haven't noticed any noise thus far from movement of the console safe while driving. Still happy with my purchase.