GEN 2 Inconsistent and choppy acceleration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrrw

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Raptor with 3,000 miles on it. It studders when at WOT. It feels like hitting bumps in the road but after testing on new pavement it’s still there. Taking to dealer soon. Has a warranty. I’m pretty bummed out by it. Hope I can fix it. Besides that I love the truck. I have a gen 1 with no compression in cyl 3 @80 k with a whipple. Decided to try the gen 2 while old girl is being rebuilt. The Gen 2 looks good and rides and shifts real good just hoping to fix the hesitation. It also sounds awful with the V6. Couldn’t hold out for the R needed something now. If anyone else finds a fix to this studder at WOT please let me know.

Last edited:

Baz

Reaction score
Probably spark plugs would be the first place to start. Need the right temp range AND the correct gap.
Thanks man, will take it to the dealership, I’m glad it’s still on warranty. I will tell them to check the spark plugs I’m guessing they are due to be replaced. I got around 50k km on it which is about 30k miles. Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it

Baz

Reaction score
Probably spark plugs would be the first place to start. Need the right temp range AND the correct gap.
Thanks man will take it to the dealership, let them check the spark plugs I’m guessing they are due to be replaced. I got about 50k km which is about 31k miles. I’m glad it’s still on warranty. Thanks for the tip bud. I appreciate that. I got videos of it but they aren’t so clear.

Attachments

• IMG_9486.MP4
    3.4 MB
  • IMG_9487.MP4
    4.6 MB

Baz

Reaction score
Would you call it more of a surging feeling when going uphill at slower speeds? Or is it more sharp feeling like a misfire ?
No man it happens on a flat road, at any speed but only when I’m slightly giving it throttle. I have sent some videos but they aren’t so clear, you can kind of hear the engine giving like a hiccup and some kind of hesitation. I got a roush air intake and a roush catback exhaust on, someone told me it’s because of that but I find it hard to believe that these parts causing this issue.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
have you tried to replicate in Baja 2h ( less traction control intervention) or 4A ?
you can also try turning traction and stability control off and retesting. It may reveal if the electronic nannies are causing this.

Baz

Reaction score
have you tried to replicate in Baja 2h ( less traction control intervention) or 4A ?
you can also try turning traction and stability control off and retesting. It may reveal if the electronic nannies are causing this.
Will try that out, thanks bud

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man will take it to the dealership, let them check the spark plugs I’m guessing they are due to be replaced. I got about 50k km which is about 31k miles. I’m glad it’s still on warranty. Thanks for the tip bud. I appreciate that. I got videos of it but they aren’t so clear.
Did you get this addressed? From your videos, this exactly what worn spark plugs will do. The gap is extremely sensitive on these engines.... you want to make sure they get no larger than .028. That is why they need changed more often than other vehicles. What's nice is that they are very easy to change. You just need to make sure to hand tighten the plugs i the bores (don't crack porcelain that way), and then check the coil packs to make sure they are not fried.