In production but with deletes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an email that my truck is in production. So it looks like the start and stop was deleted, I’m fine with that. Could not get carbon fiber or the bead lock wheels. I see that the spray in bedliner is not on there. My sales person is out with surgery so trying to research. I’m assuming The dealer can do a decent job With the spray in bed-liner? Also steering wheel heater was deleted as well. Anything that I might be missing would be appreciated if it could be brought to my attention. Thanks in advance
These are the wheels that I went with, as I think the Azure Grey needs the black wheels. Totally subjective just my opinion
https://vorsteineroffroad.com/
VR601-bl

Attachments

• CDC210A5-1DDF-4BC5-B6E2-89C0FAAC80D3.png
    CDC210A5-1DDF-4BC5-B6E2-89C0FAAC80D3.png
    1 MB · Views: 95
OP
OP
T

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was trying to send a pic not necessary the link. Not trying to necessarily promote this company

Attachments

• 291393DC-D4E8-4DD6-8779-BC677E9B221E.png
    291393DC-D4E8-4DD6-8779-BC677E9B221E.png
    616.7 KB · Views: 26

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the Line-x spray in bedliner and am more than happy with it. It has a life time warranty. Not sure about where you live but I only paid $590.

I’m sure the Ford one only has the 3/36 warranty anyway.

Congrats, hope you get it soon.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on having your order go into production! Just curious what is included with Advanced Security Pack Removal?

I wouldn't be concerned about it not including the bed liner. I've had the factory liner in the past, and had Line-X applied on my latest Raptor. I would highly recommend the Line-X over Ford spray in. I also recommend having Line-X sprayed in the rear wheel wells.

Since you want to buy aftermarket wheels, not getting beadlock capable was a good move. Good luck!

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on having your order go into production! Just curious what is included with Advanced Security Pack Removal?

I wouldn't be concerned about it not including the bed liner. I've had the factory liner in the past, and had Line-X applied on my latest Raptor. I would highly recommend the Line-X over Ford spray in. I also recommend having Line-X sprayed in the rear wheel wells.

Since you want to buy aftermarket wheels, not getting beadlock capable was a good move. Good luck!
Right on the Line-x, the guy told me that all the Ford spray ins go to them if there is any troubles with it, the dealer can’t fix it.

I was also wondering what the “security pack” was/is.

Last edited:

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an email that my truck is in production. So it looks like the start and stop was deleted, I’m fine with that. Could not get carbon fiber or the bead lock wheels. I see that the spray in bedliner is not on there. My sales person is out with surgery so trying to research. I’m assuming The dealer can do a decent job With the spray in bed-liner? Also steering wheel heater was deleted as well. Anything that I might be missing would be appreciated if it could be brought to my attention. Thanks in advance
These are the wheels that I went with, as I think the Azure Grey needs the black wheels. Totally subjective just my opinion
https://vorsteineroffroad.com/
VR601-bl
Your official deletes (meaning on the sticker with a credit) are the same as every other 2023 rolling down the assembly line. I have obsessively followed for a while so i will fill in what i can. (my 23 is in prod right now as well)
-Active stop start, just forget about this one its been gone since 22 and most don't like it anyway

-Heated wheel There is alot of chatter on the heated wheel. Ford says for ICE trucks they will NOT be offering any official no cost retrofit, as far as they are concerned its gone. (lightning IS going to get a retrofit, has a smaller refund, but TBD on when) Right now the best option being explored by folks is copying what many with lower trim trucks are doing, replace wheel with new wheel with heating element, appropriate clock spring and harness, and forescan to activate and either enable soft buttons in the UI or upgrade the HVAC panel to the one the heated buttons and forescan that in. Personally, I am holding out some hope for a factory backed aftermarket kit sold by FP. I figure I wont get my truck till end of Jan at the earliest so most of this winter will have passed and I can reassess next fall if I want to go the "unofficial" route

-Bedliner, this is not an official delete, However the bedliner for the past year or so is often on commodity hold and would delay the truck being scheduled or actually completed. What almost certainly happened is the zone rep told the dealer bedliner would be a delay and they removed it on your behalf without asking (forgiveness vs permission or can just blame it on ford), you would not be the first one on these forums for that to happen to. My dealer (And hopefully yours) does alot of F150/truck business and advised me to skip it and go with linex (not from dealer, would be independent but your dealer may have a relationship) to take one less thing out of the list of 100 items that are delaying these trucks.

- Advanced sec pack, we lose the inclination and intrusion motion sensor. so if door or tailgate opened improperly (plus other basic alarm functions) alarm will still sound. If window shattered or truck hoisted on flatbed/towarm alarm will not sound.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you did not order bedliner so it was not deleted. I don’t think there are any supply issues with bedliner as mine just got built with it. Congrats and you will see your truck soon

OP
OP
T

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback guys. I was a little concerned about the advanced security pack deletion. Also I didn’t mention that the 37inch package wasn’t available as well.
I just hope the ride doesn’t change at all on these aftermarket rims? They seem to be touted pretty good, as I wanted to go with the same 17 inch for a ride purposes. Also good to hear about the line X bedliner. Wasn’t aware of applying this to the wheel well. Could somebody expand on this? Benefits etc.? Thank you

OP
OP
T

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now that you mention it, I don’t remember him saying The spray in bedliner was deleted. I think it was an oversight on both of our parts. From what I’m reading it may be a good thing. Any thoughts on the carbon fiber deletion though? I do have it on my 19. Can it be applied after market? Haven’t been able to see good enough photos that I feel I missing something ? If that makes any sense

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now that you mention it, I don’t remember him saying The spray in bedliner was deleted. I think it was an oversight on both of our parts. From what I’m reading it may be a good thing. Any thoughts on the carbon fiber deletion though? I do have it on my 19. Can it be applied after market? Haven’t been able to see good enough photos that I feel I missing something ? If that makes any sense
Going to be honest here, not trying to rile you up just my thoughts… not sure your dealer was totally forthright. When did you contact them about the order specifics? Was this a verified retail allocation order or are you pre buying a stock truck. (Verified retail would have had you sign a Dora showing the options you want with your name on it which along with a copy of your license gets submitted to ford)
Carbon fiber is not a delete, 37 is not a delete.
The 37 in particular is limited allocation, ford will not build every allocation as a 37. They tell the dealer at time of grant if a 37 is available to them at the time. They also inform the dealer of any other hold items which would prevent the truck from being scheduled.
Carbon fiber and the 35 beadlocks like the bed liner may be something that the rep told them would delay the build. I don’t think we have heard fiber or beadlocks as holds to date. OR ford told them that they could have an allocation right now only if they asked for a truck with specific features that are lower demand (std interior trim and std wheels).
You can as a customer absolutely leave those items on your order and sit and wait for the possibility ford builds the truck at a later date when they are ready to offer those items.
It sounds to me like the dealer bundled a few commodity hold risks or ford asks for a right now allocation as “deletes” cuz they want your truck built and sold out the door.
Could also be this is someone else’s truck that is similar enough to yours or a stock unit and they are trying to pass it off to get the sale done.