In production auto start/stop delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did your dealer do it? Wondering if I can step by step tell my dealership how to remove mine lol
They added the code to delete it yesterday and it showed up today. Checked the Ford tracker today and it now has "Auto Start-Stop Removal" as pictured below.

1631817958839.png

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They added the code to delete it yesterday and it showed up today. Checked the Ford tracker today and it now has "Auto Start-Stop Removal" as pictured below.

View attachment 319716
kevo i think they have to do it thru the old concepts system they cant do it ith the wbdo system also most dealers are reluctant to try as they are going by what could be done in the past ie once a vin is issued cant be changed but that is based on a 2week timeframe between vin issuance and production with a 2 week period which was the norm in prior years

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a dealer video yesterday and it looked like a "dummy" button was there. Not a fan of the start/stop feature but my OCD tendencies would make me less a fan of that.
Has it been confirmed if you will receive a “dummy” button in place of the auto start/stop button or will it still look like the button. I think I’d rather have a regular looking button there and just disable it through fore scan or whatever people talk about doing than have a blank dummy.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kevo i think they have to do it thru the old concepts system they cant do it ith the wbdo system also most dealers are reluctant to try as they are going by what could be done in the past ie once a vin is issued cant be changed but that is based on a 2week timeframe between vin issuance and production with a 2 week period which was the norm in prior years
I believe you are correct because my order was entered via CONCEPTS system.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a little late here but I just had the auto start/stop removed from my retail order with a 10/18 production week. Interested to see if this has any impact on scheduling for production. I tried to have it removed earlier but it was too close to production day at the time and then it got pushed out even further smh but it allowed me to remove it this time thank goodness.
Hopefully it helps get it built faster. I was able to remove mine about a few weeks ago when I was scheduled with a 10/11 Build Day, but then I got pushed back to a 10/18 Build Week. I have given up on getting pushed up and just hope I don't get pushed further back.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it helps get it built faster. I was able to remove mine about a few weeks ago when I was scheduled with a 10/11 Build Day, but then I got pushed back to a 10/18 Build Week. I have given up on getting pushed up and just hope I don't get pushed further back.
At this point I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best LOL whatever that means.