In production auto start/stop delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In production with a blend date of 9/3, was curious if it was even a little possible to try to delete it at this point? Have no idea I feel like the answer is no. Call FP and see what they say? Is it even worth bothering with? I just shut it off every time on my gen 2 didn’t bother me. Also if I’m able to delete it now, would it potentially speed up the truck? Or am I just impatient like the rest of us…

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically from what I've heard your locked into production two weeks from build date/build week. So you could have possibly deleted it two weeks before, but most dealers either don't mess with it once you have a vin, and others will say it can't be done period. I deleted mine last week of August even though I had a vin, but my scheduled week was 9-27 so I had plenty of time. Hate to say it im sure your stuck as your already in production technically.

Chiefgiant

Reaction score
I also have a blend date of 9/3. Mine was a dealer order and had start/stop delete listed on the sticker guessing it was part of the original order.
Hope ours get here soon.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a blend date of 9/3. Mine was a dealer order and had start/stop delete listed on the sticker guessing it was part of the original order.
Hope ours get here soon.
Ford removed the auto-stop/start from dealer orders to save chips. For retail orders, you had to request the removal, but you could do it up to 2 weeks before production.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked on 8/11 to remove mine with a blend date of 8/27. Dealer said he reached out to Ford zone rep but it was locked in already. Who knows if that was the truth or not but that’s what I was told.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has it been confirmed if you will receive a “dummy” button in place of the auto start/stop button or will it still look like the button. I think I’d rather have a regular looking button there and just disable it through fore scan or whatever people talk about doing than have a blank dummy.

ChaseU

Reaction score
I’m not sure where ForScan is with the 2021-up F150’s but it was a very simple procedure to turn Auto Start/Stop off in the Second Generation.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a little late here but I just had the auto start/stop removed from my retail order with a 10/18 production week. Interested to see if this has any impact on scheduling for production. I tried to have it removed earlier but it was too close to production day at the time and then it got pushed out even further smh but it allowed me to remove it this time thank goodness.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I'm a little late here but I just had the auto start/stop removed from my retail order with a 10/18 production week. Interested to see if this has any impact on scheduling for production. I tried to have it removed earlier but it was too close to production day at the time and then it got pushed out even further smh but it allowed me to remove it this time thank goodness.
How did your dealer do it? Wondering if I can step by step tell my dealership how to remove mine lol