In Cab Tool Storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll second the rear seat fold down for access behind the seats... I keep some loud, banging tools behind there... But I suppose one could find a way to stash some wrenches, etc back there...
Also, I have the Ford under seat storage container (like the du-ha). Lots of extra room there and the seats secure the stuff from flying around the cabin.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
maybe use a pelican storm 3300 or a pelican 1750?

I'd skip the foam and use tool rolls inside the hardshell. you should be able to ratchet strap it to the floor in front of the rear seat. They are about 50" long x 16" wide x 5 inches deep.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second the rear seat fold down for access behind the seats... I keep some loud, banging tools behind there... But I suppose one could find a way to stash some wrenches, etc back there...
Also, I have the Ford under seat storage container (like the du-ha). Lots of extra room there and the seats secure the stuff from flying around the cabin.
Considering a Du-Ha or Tuffy or Truck Bunker as well, haven't had the rear seat base flop around yet but could always ratchet strap it...bf95c08bdddce5200579f1e5993b8f65.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not in the cab, but I use the swing out tool boxes in the bed, they hold a lot. I also have a socket set in the cab under my cooler in the back, and a tool chest (small) ratchet strapped in front of the inverter. (Scab)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Not in the cab, but I use the swing out tool boxes in the bed, they hold a lot. I also have a socket set in the cab under my cooler in the back, and a tool chest (small) ratchet strapped in front of the inverter. (Scab)

every swing out toolbox that I've ever used has committed suicide after no more than 3 runs.

Plus, when running fiberglass or CF, not such a brilliant idea to put any unnecessary load on the bed walls.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
c’mon. you own a prius, don’t you? :)

Gorilla tape is the bees knees. Great for holding on auto-body parts that are just hanging, covering bullet holes in the windshield (don’t ask), and a host of other stuff. Also, if your friends have jeeps or Harleys, Gorilla Tape becomes that much more important.

Uhhh- that'd be a big no on the Prius. My 82 yr old neighbor has one though.

As far as my friend's rides go- if they want to put tape all over their ****** ass vehicles (one has a HD, but just sold the POS Jeep) I'll leave that up to them. Never used "Gorilla" anything, but I'm thinking that tape is much closer to a foil/butly tape than a nasty vinyl and goo based duct tape, yes?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BenBB, how did you mod your rear seats to fold down? That's REAL INTERESTING.

Not...sure...if sarcastic, but from here of course, searching old posts like this:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/how-to-lower-the-rear-seat-backs.3593/
Although I don't have them yet I will eventually invest in and would recommend Builtright instead of paracord and keyring/paperclip as the latch tends to eat them over time:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/ford-raptor-rear-seat-release.58106/
And from what I'm seeing in more recent threads, @Clockton there's not as much space back there for Gen2 because the amp/sub...probably better off with cases like @zombiekiller suggested or underseat like @Sozzy12 .

Last edited: