Improve throttle response?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea just kidding, but I wish I knew about it when I first got her. I would have done it.

I don't think so if you already have a tune. Its great if your not running a tune due to warranty issues, that's why I use it you just turn it off and they will never know its in there.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First impressions after installing my S&B intake is that it's definitely snappier on the throttle. I've only driven it for about 30 minutes but it definitely feels more responsive.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MTF is right, the mono-blade on the raptor doesn't work too well. I just put on the ford twin 65mm and there is a fairly noticeable difference. That is a butt dyno measurement. I also just installed the guage cluster JDM is offering and the 0-60 guage is quite cool. Making 6300lbs go from 0-60 in under 6 seconds is quite entertaining!

As for the tuner questions I would say the 5 star is most aggressive(I had it). Since I have been sc for a while, it seems like SVC has gotten a lot of positive reviews on here. When I did it(2 years ago) 5 star was the overall favorite on here. Now maybe SVC based on what I am seeing. I am guessing that tune is a little more driveable everyday, than the 5 star.
Can you please elaborate on that throttle body?

And does anyone know the diameter of the factory throttle body for the 6.2L?

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the stock TB is a single 60 mm and the BBK is a single 68 mm.

The TB's for superchargers are twin blades and single oval blades.
Twin blades start around 60 mm to 72 mm for each blade.
Mono ovals are 150 mm to 200 mm

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

85mm throttle bore
Fits 2010-2014 Ford F- Series Truck 6.2L - Ford Raptor, Ford F250 6.2L, XLT, Lariat, FX2, FX4 and Platinum edition
This BBK 85mm F-150 throttle body will deliver more horsepower and works with both OEM air intakes and aftermarket cold air intakes

Question: How can an 85mm TB be compatible with factory and aftermarket intake components designed for the factory 60mm TB?