Important Question Please Help

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by conmvn, Aug 11, 2014.

1. conmvn

conmvn Member

Hey guys so I have a 2014 Roush raptor with about 730 miles on it. I had people in the truck and i gunned the truck from about 30-70mph (literally stomped it) which I know this is not a good idea in general but I was trying to show them the power of it (and to show off a little) But anyway as it hit 70 suddenly the the lighting on both the deck and the speedometer and odometer went dark. My friend who was in the truck didn't seemed to be concerned however I'm a little worried something is wrong. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it

2. Labraptor

Labraptor FRF Addict

Did it go out completely? Did your headlights come on? Not being funny there are different brightness settings on the interior lighting.

3. conmvn

conmvn Member

[/COLOR]
    Hey man thanks for writing back! I don't believe the headlights went out, Infact I think I only had the amber lights on which I wouldn't be able to tell you :/ The only thing I can confirm is that as it topped out suddenly the deck lighting and the dash lights went to the darkest setting. I pulled over and turned the brightness setting all the way up which worked! I just don't understand why it did that because I'm pretty sure I didnt hit anything either! Sorry for sounding like a noob but I just got the truck and I've been babying the crap out of it. I just wanna make sure this isn't anything serious you know?

4. The Macf

The Macf FRF Addict

Was it dusk? Were you in a tunnel? Something on the dash? Honestly, the light sensor (dash nipple) probably dimmed your lights for you.

5. Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe FRF Addict

^ x2. Sometimes the slightest change in light can kick the display into a dimed mode.

Yukon Joe
    www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

6. Labraptor

Labraptor FRF Addict

Exactly, my truck will change back and forth sometimes pretty quickly. It is the most sensitive vehicle I have ever owned.

7. conmvn

conmvn Member

Thanks guys for letting me know and all the helpful info. I recall it was starting to get dark outside around dusk or so so hopefully that's all it was!

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Sounds about right then. Thats the only logical thing I think it could possibly be! Thanks!

8. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

You out ran the dam sun

9. squeak

squeak Full Access Member

Do it again in an area and time that isn't subject to change and see what happens.