I'm calling out SPV, Specialty Performance Parts, WTF!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarmersFight

Reaction score
If only John could come to my home and install this Rigid Radiance fog kit now, that would be the epitome of customer service. Heck, I’d even let him shoot a YouTube video chronicling it for free.

It’s a standing offer from Houston.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Just ordered the Rigid Radiance Scene triple setup for my ‘20 SCREW yesterday and already en-route for an arrival before Christmas! Awesome! Great service answering a few quick questions ahead of ordering also…

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but will also pile on praise for John and SPV. The effort he has put into his install vids and the quality of the kit itself made install super clean and easy! I had the opportunity to speak with him a couple of times during the decision process, great down to earth guy and it was a pleasure to speak with him.

My only regret was not choosing Diode Dynamics lighting. I'm happy with the rigid lights, but if I had to make the choice again I would have gone DD.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John and SPV are great. Not only did he take time to discuss options with me on the phone for my Gen 3 (which is still stuck somewhere in purgatory) but after he had shipped my light kit and before I had even received it, he called me personally to tell me the lights in my kit might be missing connectors, and he was shipping me a new set before the originals had even arrived and asked if I would just use the return label he was sending me to ship the initial lights back. He was solving problems before I even had a chance to realize there was a problem. Customer service doesn’t get any better than that.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Just installed these bad boys courtesy of @Specialtyperformanceparts yesterday - backlights are active whenever the marker lights are, including on unlocking the vehicle - love the new look! Thanks for the support when I had a few pre-install questions! Fantastic customer service/support! 00C42B8F-9322-43F6-8D8E-CCF6AE9D3A10.jpeg

Attachments

• 13DC9273-5E07-4B68-877A-418010C850A7.jpeg
    13DC9273-5E07-4B68-877A-418010C850A7.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 8

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll add to this. I ordered a Baja Designs reverse kit a few weeks back. I received the package a few days later but didn't have time to install. It was a Sunday when I finally got time to unpack and start the installation. I installed the lights but then noticed that the light socket didn't fit the plug from the wire harness that led to the engine bay. I emailed Specialty about the issue and they replied a few hours later noting that they failed to include the adapters for the lights. Remember, it's a Sunday afternoon so I didn't expect to hear back until Monday but John assured me he'd drop the adapters in the mail on Monday which he did. I received the adapters a few days later but I haven't had a chance to install yet. I will try this week. Great customer service!

I'd like to note that the kit seems VERY well made so I'm looking forward to getting it all hooked up!

@Specialtyperformanceparts - Not a complaint but a suggestion would be to include details about which harness(maybe including pictures) and adapters should be included with the kit. Had I known I was missing pieces, I probably wouldn't have started the project. Not a big deal but I generally don't like to start something then come back to it later. All is good and thanks for quickly getting those harnesses out. Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll add to this. I ordered a Baja Designs reverse kit a few weeks back. I received the package a few days later but didn't have time to install. It was a Sunday when I finally got time to unpack and start the installation. I installed the lights but then noticed that the light socket didn't fit the plug from the wire harness that led to the engine bay. I emailed Specialty about the issue and they replied a few hours later noting that they failed to include the adapters for the lights. Remember, it's a Sunday afternoon so I didn't expect to hear back until Monday but John assured me he'd drop the adapters in the mail on Monday which he did. I received the adapters a few days later but I haven't had a chance to install yet. I will try this week. Great customer service!

I'd like to note that the kit seems VERY well made so I'm looking forward to getting it all hooked up!

@Specialtyperformanceparts - Not a complaint but a suggestion would be to include details about which harness(maybe including pictures) and adapters should be included with the kit. Had I known I was missing pieces, I probably wouldn't have started the project. Not a big deal but I generally don't like to start something then come back to it later. All is good and thanks for quickly getting those harnesses out. Happy New Year!

Thanks for the complement!

It takes a lot of time, but information is a big deal and I do try to put as much out there as possible. That said, it's a constant evolution and as the kits continue to expand, and their uses and ways to do it as well as options can get confusing. So I have started making charts and other more detailed universal directions and videos showing all the ways to do various installs.
I am also working on an interactive selection tool that you go to a web page and select from a list of options and it will answer questions and help you narrow down what kits, lights harnesses etc you will need to accomplish any kit you want.

For example. Page 1 may ask, "Which light kits are you interested in? and you would select from "Fog lights, Light bar, rear lights, A-Pillar, etc" once you select one, it will take you to the next page and ask what you will use them for primarily. You could select something like, "driving in traffic, Driving in snow or fog, driving in the woods, driving in city traffic" etc. And another button to click to "review different light patterns and features", which you can then come back to that page after. When you select how you want to use your lights, it will give suggestions on combos. Then you go to the next page where it will ask how you want to install them. It will then lay out wiring options and which components you may want.
When you get to the end, it will lay out a course for you to select what you want on the site with full understanding.

I am also putting a page together for quick access to all install instructions and charts.

here is a video on the install of the rear lights which also covers all the wiring and adapters.

John

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the complement!

It takes a lot of time, but information is a big deal and I do try to put as much out there as possible. That said, it's a constant evolution and as the kits continue to expand, and their uses and ways to do it as well as options can get confusing. So I have started making charts and other more detailed universal directions and videos showing all the ways to do various installs.
I am also working on an interactive selection tool that you go to a web page and select from a list of options and it will answer questions and help you narrow down what kits, lights harnesses etc you will need to accomplish any kit you want.

For example. Page 1 may ask, "Which light kits are you interested in? and you would select from "Fog lights, Light bar, rear lights, A-Pillar, etc" once you select one, it will take you to the next page and ask what you will use them for primarily. You could select something like, "driving in traffic, Driving in snow or fog, driving in the woods, driving in city traffic" etc. And another button to click to "review different light patterns and features", which you can then come back to that page after. When you select how you want to use your lights, it will give suggestions on combos. Then you go to the next page where it will ask how you want to install them. It will then lay out wiring options and which components you may want.
When you get to the end, it will lay out a course for you to select what you want on the site with full understanding.

I am also putting a page together for quick access to all install instructions and charts.

here is a video on the install of the rear lights which also covers all the wiring and adapters.

John
Great stuff! Your videos are very helpful! I've watched several even though I haven't picked up any additional lights yet. Keep cranking out great content and quality products! Cheers!

Raptormts

Reaction score
Just installed 360 series triple light kit and reverse with backlights. Look Great, Work Great. Harnesses are perfect. Easy Install. John is on top of the Customer Service. Watch the videos. I ordered the special crimper off of Amazon. Saves a lot of time. Use it later for other products. You can get additional connectors from Amazon for cheap. You Can't Go Wrong.

Attachments

• Raptor Lights.png
    Raptor Lights.png
    656.9 KB · Views: 4