Im at 53k miles, what service (s) should be done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm around 53k miles, what should be serviced?
I went to the dealership and the parts counter guy said that the fuel filter is in the tank and not serviceable.
Is this correct? I tried looking in the manual but had trouble finding anything.
I about to go back to Ca for work from Idaho and need to have the truck reliable and if I need any service work done I need to do it before I get on the road.
Thanks in advance.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be changing all fluids, have your brakes been done yet? I think the plugs are due as well.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be changing all fluids, have your brakes been done yet? I think the plugs are due as well.
Brakes aren't squeaking yet.
I'm going to change the oil myself this week.
Plugs are good to 100k, so no need for that.
I changed the diff oil probably 30k ago? I put the Foutz Motorsports diff skid on so I changed the diff oil then.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brakes aren't squeaking yet.
I'm going to change the oil myself this week.
Plugs are good to 100k, so no need for that.
I changed the diff oil probably 30k ago? I put the Foutz Motorsports diff skid on so I changed the diff oil then.
You have a Gen 2 right? I thought a lot of members on here were changing plugs way sooner than the Gen 1s 100k service. I've read a lot of threads about it over the last few months, maybe some will comment on it for you.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes
You have a Gen 2 right? I thought a lot of members on here were changing plugs way sooner than the Gen 1s 100k service. I've read a lot of threads about it over the last few months, maybe some will comment on it for you.
Yes gen2, I was looking through the manual and finally came across spark plugs, it said 100k. I'll double check to make sure it was the 3.5 buts that's what it said under normal operating conditions.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes

Yes gen2, I was looking through the manual and finally came across spark plugs, it said 100k. I'll double check to make sure it was the 3.5 buts that's what it said under normal operating conditions.
It's probably correct but something about being a high performance engine, members were changing them earlier, don't panic bro, just what ive read on here in the past.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's probably correct but something about being a high performance engine, members were changing them earlier, don't panic bro, just what ive read on here in the past.
Most of those posts are from guys who are tuned. They go through plugs much more quickly. Stock trucks should be fine to ~100k.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm around 53k miles, what should be serviced?
I went to the dealership and the parts counter guy said that the fuel filter is in the tank and not serviceable.
Is this correct? I tried looking in the manual but had trouble finding anything.
I about to go back to Ca for work from Idaho and need to have the truck reliable and if I need any service work done I need to do it before I get on the road.
Thanks in advance.
Correct, fuel filter is not serviceable. The best reference is the Owner’s Manual; just note that most people fall under the “severe” maintenance schedule, not the “Normal” schedule.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much shocks are the only thing at 50k if you are going by the manual. I have the ESP, so I stick to the manual 100% and get it serviced at Ford. The only thing I do different is get my oil changed at 5k. May not be required, but gives me peace of mind.

Last edited: