Ignition Questions 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m new to the group - 2011 Raptor since new - tune up - changed plugs wires coils and I noticed the new coils did not have the little resistor thing in between the coil and spring inside the boot? Is that an issue? What are those?

I have noticed a slight bucking when lugging it down in 4th or 5th just enough to not downshift - I suspect one of the coils or something I did but no codes are present. Can you help or pass this on to the group?

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ford dealer updated my PCM and no change - I may do an aftermarket set of coils to see if it fixes problem - no code or history of code just a bucking under load -

Reaction score
I put Granatelli zero OHM wires and new Ford coils when was installing Stainless Works headers and exhaust system. They, Granatelli had their own resistor to install. I suspect the ones they supply are superior to factory. The truck runs great and gets at least 16.8 mpg all the time.