Ignition coil replacement problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your going to say all your favorite Cuss words on the front plug passenger side, behind spring bucket . I do that one first so rest are easy after that.
I solved that, will post pics of my contraption a bit later. The problem i have is getting the boots on tight on that one and the one beside it. I need to find something to push those in.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 had the plastic shroud over the motor and that covered the coil packs. Mine was cylinder #6 so I wonder if hitting puddles could cause water to spray up into the engine bay and the cover would redirect it????

I know when ever I do my plugs/coils after that I always put a generous amount of anti seize in the bolts to prevent any sticking. Never worries about torque specs just a tiny snug after resistance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finished the plugs and coils on top, finished the plugs and wires on the passenger side, just have the drivers side ones to do, had company today so didn’t get enough quality time with my baby, lol. Pics of stuff and the spark plug socket extension contraption I put together for the troublesome plugs. I was getting too dirty so I had to clean the suspension a bit.4D71FF0E-7110-4E90-96AD-7B73CEFB83BE.jpegC2C3AAD3-4C9D-46D3-8FD4-65C9F923D9E3.jpeg8100DEC3-6265-462B-893E-D213780E42A3.jpeg11C6D86B-6619-4EC2-BDFA-9C70B660B3B9.jpeg

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took her out for a test drive today, wow, soooo smooth, runs like it did off the showroom floor. If you have a high mileage gen 1, I highly recommend going this route and tune it up properly, I did add a new air filter as well and cleaned the throttle body at the same time.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting a bit of a lumpy idle so I figured it was time, but i'm about to take the truck to Mexico so I think i'll hold off until i get back.... seems like the "difficult" plugs just need some extensions and universals, nothing crazy?

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been getting a bit of a lumpy idle so I figured it was time, but i'm about to take the truck to Mexico so I think i'll hold off until i get back.... seems like the "difficult" plugs just need some extensions and universals, nothing crazy?
Exactly, if you look closely at my extension contraption, you will see the one longer extension actually has a built in swivel end so it can angle a bit where it goes into the next extension. The hardest part I found was getting my fat fingers in there to get the wires back on and secured properly (make sure they "click" in place. It is easier with the inner fenders off and the tires off as well, I sat on a chair and just reached in with my extension and pulled the plugs off.
11c6d86b-6619-4ec2-bdfa-9c70b660b3b9-jpeg.323437