Ign switched power source (NOT upfitter switches)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case anyone else is looking for an Ignition switched power source, I found one so ill save you the work.

Fuse 37 on the fuse panel in the pass footwell. Its at the bottom, 20A, and not used for anything. Wether there is a wire run out the load side of the fuse and taped up somewhere i dont know.

Couldnt find a fuse tap that size (Why do they have to change the little fuse types constantly!? Every time I think i have them all another type comes out)

So what I did was carefull cut the plastic top edge off the fuse and solder an 18GA wire to it. Boom, instant tap. Im using this for the steady power to our new motorized VHF antenna mount (Its in pre-production, See my other post for VHF mounting for a pic).

--John

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In case anyone else is looking for an Ignition switched power source, I found one so ill save you the work.

Fuse 37 on the fuse panel in the pass footwell. Its at the bottom, 20A, and not used for anything. Wether there is a wire run out the load side of the fuse and taped up somewhere i dont know.

Couldnt find a fuse tap that size (Why do they have to change the little fuse types constantly!? Every time I think i have them all another type comes out)

So what I did was carefull cut the plastic top edge off the fuse and solder an 18GA wire to it. Boom, instant tap. Im using this for the steady power to our new motorized VHF antenna mount (Its in pre-production, See my other post for VHF mounting for a pic).

--John

Thanks - good to know!

Is the antenna motorized as in powered up and down or ???

Find the seat heater fuse and use an add-a-fuse to tap it.

Thanks! What type of fuse/fuse tap do we need to buy to do that - and how many AMPS is this fuse?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuses in the interior panel are the "microblade" style, diff from mini. They are less common in autoparts stores, but they usually have 1. For fusetaps, the std blade on is what you want, low pro one wont typically work in there being semi bulky

more pics here
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/how-hardwire-fusetap-52895/

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fuses in the interior panel are the "microblade" style, diff from mini. They are less common in autoparts stores, but they usually have 1. For fusetaps, the std blade on is what you want, low pro one wont typically work in there being semi bulky

more pics here
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/how-hardwire-fusetap-52895/

In that case this puppy:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...lder-micro2-add-a-circuit/fhm20200zpa/4414324

Looks like there are a mixture of fuse types in the gen2 BCM, so find the fuse and take to the autozone/oreilies/pepboys and buy the matching add-a-fuse.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score