If you truck was built with 801A and Pro Power After Mid October, you will be waiting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm totally with you as mine has been sitting since September but I would have to imagine they are in the business of making money, just like every other for-profit business, so they are likely making decisions that yields them the most profit, or least loss at this point. I am trying to think of reasons why FIFO would not be followed and these are some very quick thoughts (I'm sure I will miss a lot here):
  • We all know there are issues with shipping so any truck that is going to be able to be shipped the quickest at that moment in time, will likely get parts priority.
  • Many parts, including circuit boards, are cross-platform and if another car/truck needs a certain part to finish production while another needs multiple parts, they may prioritize the one they can finish AND ship the quickest.
  • We already know certain dealers get priority based on sales and probably other things so they may get bumped up the priority list.
Again, I am with you and likely just as frustrated, if not more than you at this point but Ford is a large business with $100B+ in annual revenue so decisions that may seem trivial and common sense to us may have a huge negative impact on their revenue/profit when you extrapolate the impacts of such decisions across hundreds of thousands of vehicles across the globe.

Or maybe I'm wrong and there is some dip5h1t sitting in the Dearborn plant making terrible decisions with little to no oversight :D
I agree with both of you. This is total ********. If they have the parts it is easier to put them in a vehicle going down the line that it is to go grab our trucks and put them in. I am so tired of hearing Covid, chip shortage, and all this other crap. Bottom line is they have the parts they are just not choosing to put them in our vehicles. I have seen many vehicles built after mine with the same options built and shipped while me sits in a parking lot somewhere. Just let your customers know what is going on. Now we sit here with no idea when we will get our trucks. If they are waiting for a part, tell us that. Give us an idea when they think the parts will be here and I think that would make most of us happy. What is ******* everyone off is keeping us in the dark.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the 2021 and the 2022 have identical options, it really does not matter if it was a Dec 31, 2021 or a Jan 2022. Yea you will say it is a new MY but it still has a delivery date where the miles start. I understand if it was a model refresh like Gen2 2018 is different than Gen 2 2019.

You can also have a early MY which is delivered before the actual year the car is. Some companies like BMW hasdelivers MY midels 8 months before the actual year. The build and delivers date makes a big difference
no one will care after 3 months. the only one that will know is you. its not going to matter 6 months from now. but if your argument is that they are going to ship trucks out that built after yours and before you get yours or they will ship 2022s before the rest of the 2021. we dont know that that will happen. from what i have seen the majority of the 2022 orders have been pushed back to the last week in jan for production. i would suspect that that will get pushed out also. if they dont have the parts for ours thae 2022 are going nowhere either

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Yep my dealer told me a few weeks ago to expect in Jan at this point for my '21 order (went into production over 4 weeks ago) . I told him to keep it. Will revisit in spring and decide if to order '22 or just wait until late summer and order '23 when hopefully all issues (supply chain and mechanical) are worked out. Keeping my 6k miles '20 that is rock solid until then. Wasn't a tough choice for me.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just got off the phone with a very educated dealer on the "situation" all the trucks that are being held are in fact missing the ECU and some are missing the stability module chip based controllers. Yes, they are also missing the Fender Flares.

I have a great Dealership that has been very helpful, they said if we get them in late December it will be a blessing. The dealership also mentioned that some of the 2021 units won't be delivered until Mid January, she is pushing for a discount to get this below MSRP since it's last year's model at that point. Not sure I will even take it unless I can get a discount because in a few years all of this will be behind us and then I have a year older truck than others.

I am just stating what I was told by a dealership that appears to be very well connected to the factory.

I personally think the way FORD treated us is complete crap and they should step up and give us a 2500 rebate for "late-delivery" it's not the dealership's fault. Why should they have to offer a discount when they didn't really have much control.

Just my two cents, I will do my best to answer any questions I can, but I have stated here pretty much all I know at this time.
so no mention here about 801a and Pro Power, is it specifically that combo? (I ordered that combo), would an 801a without pro power be ok?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My delivery ETA had been 11/09 until yesterday when it changed to TBD. Today, it changed back to 11/09. That'll be a neat trick.

2022s begin production in 2 weeks.

I will purchase this truck if Ford offers incentives. But, I am not buying a truck that is a model year old at full price when there will be 22s on the street before my 21 is delivered.

Shoot, the 2023s will probably be hitting lots next September. 6-8 months after delivery, you'd have a 2 year old truck.
So then just cancel your order already.. Only 7 weeks away from the new year.. A lot of people on here talking smack about cancelling orders, not taking delivery in '22.. There was one dude who recently pulled the plug but he is also already driving a 2020 with like 5,000 miles.. If these were normal times this debate would be entirely different. But everyone situation is different, it all comes down to your time, need, want, money, current ride, patience. Either you want the truck or you don't.
I ordered a Gen 3 Raptor and I will eventually be driving a Gen 3 Raptor.. It's still going to have (basically) 0 miles on it if I get it now or in January.
But I absolutely do NOT want to hear anything out of anybody who cancels on the 21 to order a 22 then b*it*che*s again about lead times and getting pushed out a second time.

Shaheen J

Reaction score
You guys don’t know about the defective fox shocks and supply chain shortage associated with that. They don’t have any to fill the many defective Raptors they already made. If you get your truck anytime soon…jump up and down on the rear bumper before you take delivery. If you hear a knocking sound from under the bed you have bad fox shocks and the replacement wait is currently 18months. Unacceptable but reality.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys don’t know about the defective fox shocks and supply chain shortage associated with that. They don’t have any to fill the many defective Raptors they already made. If you get your truck anytime soon…jump up and down on the rear bumper before you take delivery. If you hear a knocking sound from under the bed you have bad fox shocks and the replacement wait is currently 18months. Unacceptable but reality.
Don't forget that you have to dance in front of the headlights while patting your head and rubbing your belly to make sure the active cooling works!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
f they have the parts it is easier to put them in a vehicle going down the line that it is to go grab our trucks and put them in.

This. I'm no expert in manufacturing, but they likely have 2 scenarios when the missing parts come in.

A - Use them as part of your standard inventory so the assembly line keeps moving and completely trucks. Any excess...pull vehicles from the unfinished lot into the plant to complete. Not sure if this requires them to go back through the line, but I imagine they can't be finished in the parking lot.

B - Use the parts for the unfinished lot first. So that means all the vehicles you currently are producing will go to the unfinished lot, since you don't have the parts to complete those. That's extra cost. You may even need to shot down your production while the unfinished vehicles get completed. Extra cost. And you likely have doubled the number of customers who are upset about delays...although probably not as delayed and upset.

While FIFO makes good sense for inventory, it's probably not at all efficient when it comes to production in this case. But I am guessing.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my truck gets built in 2022 it will be a 2022 MY truck. or it wont be my truck. I agree, they should at least put out some statement around unfulfilled 2021 orders. Lots of mixed messages going out. I appreciate the info provided here. it seems in line with what I was told so we'll see.