If you are thinking about a newer Gen 2…..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going through that dilemma now. Looking for a 19-20 Blue Raptor with Recaros (hint hint if anyone has one), but for $5-10K more a Gen 3 is very tempting... All the new Gen 3's I've found on Dealer lots are way over MSRP. I'm sure I can find a dealer willing to order one for MSRP, but I won't see the truck for at least 6-10 months away. I can't wait until then.

LeadFootTarp

Reaction score
I'm going through that dilemma now. Looking for a 19-20 Blue Raptor with Recaros (hint hint if anyone has one), but for $5-10K more a Gen 3 is very tempting... All the new Gen 3's I've found on Dealer lots are way over MSRP. I'm sure I can find a dealer willing to order one for MSRP, but I won't see the truck for at least 6-10 months away. I can't wait until then.
There in lies the rub. The chance of finding an available gen 3 at MSRP is slim to none. The very few available on lots are going 10+ thousand over MSRP. That negates the minimal price difference idea. Plus the used market cuts both ways. I traded in my 2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain and got more than I paid for it new. I could wait for the Gen 3 to become more readily available at reasonable prices but then what’s the value of my trade? That’s why I jumped on my certified 2020. Sure the price was more than it would have been historically but then again so was my trade.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There in lies the rub. The chance of finding an available gen 3 at MSRP is slim to none. The very few available on lots are going 10+ thousand over MSRP. That negates the minimal price difference idea. Plus the used market cuts both ways. I traded in my 2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain and got more than I paid for it new. I could wait for the Gen 3 to become more readily available at reasonable prices but then what’s the value of my trade? That’s why I jumped on my certified 2020. Sure the price was more than it would have been historically but then again so was my trade.

Good thing you got out while you could. In the next few years it will be Raptor "owners" vs people that were waiting for prices to come down. I am ready for a new one, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen til s h i t settles down. But, I still have a Raptor, so I will wait.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to trade my 17' in for a Bronco Raptor but I been seeing dealers charge $90-100k for first edition, so I'm sure Bronco Raptors are gonna be closer to the $100k price range and over. More than what I can afford or willing to pay. To bad they're aren't any regulations that crack down on that BS.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to trade my 17' in for a Bronco Raptor but I been seeing dealers charge $90-100k for first edition, so I'm sure Bronco Raptors are gonna be closer to the $100k price range and over. More than what I can afford or willing to pay. To bad they're aren't any regulations that crack down on that BS.
Be careful what you wish for.