If you are thinking about a newer Gen 2…..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be communism. Then we wouldn't even have Raptors. We'd all be driving 2021 Ford Pintos with AM radios.
Not talking about going to that extreme, I'm just talking about them not being able to charge $20-30k over the manufacturer suggested retail price. But I see what you're saying. Once they start something like that no telling where it would end. I guess the only option I have is to "Not Buy". I stick with that option.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not talking about going to that extreme, I'm just talking about them not being able to charge $20-30k over the manufacturer suggested retail price. But I see what you're saying. Once they start something like that no telling where it would end. I guess the only option I have is to "Not Buy". I stick with that option.
Until you have something you want to sell and somebody tells you what you have to charge for it.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
meh.....had my gen 2 since oct 2018. 41,*** miles

I have maybe $3k in extras in the truck. I just don't understand modding for the sake of modding. If I don't like the truck off the lot, I would not have bought it.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until you have something you want to sell and somebody tells you what you have to charge for it

Until you have something you want to sell and somebody tells you what you have to charge for it.
????......I'm not telling Ford what to charge, they already have their price, which I'm fine with. I'm talking about a dealership that sells Ford products and charges an insane amount over what the manufacturer is asking for said product. Like me going to Walmart buy a $4 gallon of milk then put it in my store and ask $8 for it. That's all I'm saying. So like I said before "Don't Buy"

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are hitting it on the head. Late model Raptors would be less attractive if Ford dealers stayed with MSRP. Now I understand they can charge what the market will bear.