Ideal BD Amber for Severe Fog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
I already have BD amber SAE Squadrons for street legal fogs. However, I do experience severe fog on occasion, but typically in areas with little to no traffic.

I’m thinking about adding a BD Squadron Pro in amber for the really dense fog. Would the pro perform better, or would they be too bright? Should I go with wide cornering or driving?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In for the LOLS. I have seen some pretty pea-soup thick fog locally. That is, until I put the amber covers on my squadron pro combos... Now meteorologists and weather prognosticators across the state are scratching their heads as we have conditions that would normally result in severe fog, but for some reason there is a bubble of no fog around me.

My thinking is that for dense fog you want lights close to the ground, and a more narrow or SAE like lens to keep from creating a ‘yellow out’ situation.
I’m interested to hear some first hand results.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Squandron Pro Amber in driving. They’ve been awesome in snow and fog and even in normal driving conditions.

I’m getting ready for a Baja Raptor run and just bought some XL80’s in Amber for the A-pillar. Can’t wait to see how they throw the light out there

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I already have BD amber SAE Squadrons for street legal fogs. However, I do experience severe fog on occasion, but typically in areas with little to no traffic.

I’m thinking about adding a BD Squadron Pro in amber for the really dense fog. Would the pro perform better, or would they be too bright? Should I go with wide cornering or driving?

On our demo truck we actually run 3x Squadron Pro on each side.

Squadron Pro WC
Squadron Pro WC Amber
Squadron Pro Driving/Combo

Works just fine with our brackets since we can aim the lights down low at the ground and it doesn't cause much glare at all (there is a bit of glare thrown upwards, but nothing too crazy... never been flashed and i've made sure the light is focused down low).

We've got tons of Squadron Pros in stock here at www.4x4TruckLEDs.com so check out our site

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-driving-fog-lights/baja-designs/squadron-pro/

Raptor2.jpg

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
One pair of these will do the job nicely:

Yes they will BUT if you want or need them to melt snow or ice accumulation step up to the Pro or Maxes. They get hit enough to keep the lights clear, sports don't. Here's a shot of my max yellow SS3 fogs and SS3 max driving.

Attachments

• 20211214_040629.jpg
    20211214_040629.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 21