ID what this is!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was under the rear of the truck laying down some fluid fill on the frame for some winter rust prevention and notice this chunk of metal with 2 rubber boots sitting on top of the frame on the drivers side close to the rear bumper area. It moves freely but is conneced at the frame. No clue what it is or its intended purpose...someone school me!46327a5cbb54d1d202c9a99345486310.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Back in the mid 2000’s, there was an issue with trucks (not just Ford) with an empty bed shaking or bouncing at highway speeds. This vibration dampner was designed to offset the harmonics of that occurrence at first as a resolution (TSB) to solve the issue for those that presented the problem to dealership then Ford continued to use the solution in future production years.

Gr8-19SC

Reaction score
Funny thing, saw the same last night... thought the previous owner did some hackery lol.