GEN 2 Icon vs Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through same thing with 4 wheel parts when I ordered the leafs.
Ordered in June 2020 and found out 3 months later that icon won't see springs till December at the earliest. I take it its been pushed further back. After i got a refund due to to long of a wait they called and turned out 4 wheel found a set in one of their warehouses. after quite the headache with them I finally received mine.

But yeah I hear Dobson springs also is icons leaf supplier and I also heard metal stock is quite scarce down that direction.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“Stiffer” is extremely misleading. Because the icon and deavers both have more leaves than stock, they are more compliant and more progressive. Off-road, they have the net effect of actually feeling SOFTER over big bumps because they let the shock do what it’s supposed to. With my stock springs I had stuff flying out of the bed when hitting speed bumps fast, and now with the icons my tools in the bed barely even make noise.

Great summary!

To carry 200 lbs on the regular, 500 to 550 on 'overland' offroad (and onroad) trips, have as good or better offroad performance, maybe gain a little approach and departure angle, but not critical, is there a magic combo that balances these needs that doesn't accelerate component wear?

I'm thinking fox 3's and deavers HD is probably the best overall combo. I'm in a 19 with live valves, so there is that consideration too.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the icon RXT springs with King 3.0’s up front and icon 18” bypasses in my bed cage and the truck does beautifully with the weight of the bed cage and 200 pounds of tools and gear in the bed that I carry at all times. I just towed my 6k lb travel trailer 6 hours to San Felipe and it only sagged an inch with a weight distribution hitch which I’m totally okay with. I chose the icons over the deavers as three different shops suggested they were better and I wanted the flexibility to adjust my setup after purchase which they offer.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I orf
Has anyone actually ordered and received their Icons recently? I ask because I ordered a set from Stage 3 Motorsports back in August and have yet to receive them. They keep blaming Icon and Covid. I understand if Icon can't get raw materials or whatever to get the springs made, but it's really getting bothersome.
I ordered my set from Poly Performance in October and they shipped next day...I can’t recommend them highly enough

Gatorgold

Reaction score
There is no “one is better”, as the weight and weight distribution plus driving usage of every single truck is different. You’ll have to take as much information as you can and use that to infer what you think will be the best for you. The icons have 8 leaves, and the Deavers have 11, although the stiffness and arrangement of leaves across both manufacturers is different as well. I have icons and love them, but haven’t tried deavers. If you decide to go icon, I have a wholesale relationship and can get you $400 off shipped.
Do you still have the hookup on icon springs? I want to order a set for my 17 Raptor.

Sethrad

Reaction score
Gen 2 - 2018: Been running Geiser 3” up front and Icon Option 2 in the rear for a few weeks now. Highway, city, country roads and some dirt road driving. No offroad yet. A bit of hauling gear as well. The truck is just as “smooth” as it’s always been. Stiffer? No, I wouldn’t say that at all. Harsh? Definitely not. More sure footed? Absolutely. On rough roads, the tires simply don’t leave the ground for all that long. On rough roads, the truck feels absolutely planted. On rough roads with the stock springs, I often felt as if I was driving on basketballs being dribbled across the road with the tires trying to hook up traction. That’s just gone now. Axle wrap…not since I’ve made the changes. The truck, unquestionably, handles more assertively, steering seems more positive. I think I’m about a 1/4“-1/2” high in the rear (from level), but it’s pretty close. The Icon rear springs should settle a bit. As for hauling two to three hundred pounds of gear, the truck handles so much better. I’m embarrassed that I waited so long to make the changes. It’s like a new truck.

Last edited: