Icon vs Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve just been torn on the Icon vs Deaver situation in rear lol....I think I’m gonna do the +3 HDs I’d just really like to get a ride in a truck that’s currently running em

Same. I will probably go with Icon’s since they’re cheaper and adjustable. I rarely carry anything in the bed but I do have a few trips planned with significant payload so it would be nice to swap them out.

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whats the verdict on these? Are they both prone to rusting and squeaking. I live in so cal so hopefully rust isnt a huge issues. I want the deavers but the seem like a PITA to keep black and quiet.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whats the verdict on these? Are they both prone to rusting and squeaking. I live in so cal so hopefully rust isnt a huge issues. I want the deavers but the seem like a PITA to keep black and quiet.

Honestly both are top notch. If you take your time and prep the leaf pack with something like Amsoil HD MP, you'll have little to worry about. After install get under your truck once a year, clean them up real nice and touch up with the same metal prep.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Palmer Spring Company is a family owned and operated business with both the 5th and 6th generations working here on a regular basis. We were founded in 1849 when we began making springs for the Conestoga wagons that traveled west. We are the oldest spring company in America, specializing in springs and suspensions for all types of vehicles, brakes, and wheel alignments. Palmer Spring Company keeps up with current technology and the latest advancements to give you the best service possible. We also maintain the craftsmanship upon which the business was built. Our blacksmiths forge springs when needed for special applications. Whether you need work done on a newer vehicle or a classic, we are prepared to do whatever you need.

Deaver isn’t even close to the oldest.

Last edited:

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deaver has had a lot of problems for a lot of years. Search the forum and make an educated decision from more than just a couple of posts here.

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deaver has had a lot of problems for a lot of years. Search the forum and make an educated decision from more than just a couple of posts here.
Same can go for the icons I imagine. I’ve read lots of bad stuff about them as well. I think there’s something to say about the heavy hitters in the industry using the deavers.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score

Both! Theyre both going to have both, its in a location prone to getting hit by debris and debris getting in between.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Palmer Spring Company is a family owned and operated business with both the 5th and 6th generations working here on a regular basis. We were founded in 1849 when we began making springs for the Conestoga wagons that traveled west. We are the oldest spring company in America, specializing in springs and suspensions for all types of vehicles, brakes, and wheel alignments. Palmer Spring Company keeps up with current technology and the latest advancements to give you the best service possible. We also maintain the craftsmanship upon which the business was built. Our blacksmiths forge springs when needed for special applications. Whether you need work done on a newer vehicle or a classic, we are prepared to do whatever you need.

Deaver isn’t even close to the oldest.
Palmer I can guarantee doesn't make springs for our trucks meant for what we use our trucks for.