Icon vs Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was recommended a collar to level the front.
Needless to say, within 10k miles it destroyed my UCA.
Dont do a collar.

Many people on here running collars and springs without destroying their UCA. I have 15K on my Geisers without issues.

Have any pics of what happened to yours?

Dadlife

Reaction score
Many people on here running collars and springs without destroying their UCA. I have 15K on my Geisers without issues.

i dont, but can see of I can grab them today and take one. It was on the lift for an Alcon install and noticed it. Had icons overnighted and totally forgot to grab them

MikeLadd

Reaction score
FWIW my 2 cents. Based on what you initially stated you wanted to accomplish, I believe that you should get the Eibach springs up front and the Icon Multi-Rate Leaf Springs in the rear.

Let me explain why. First off 90+% of your truck is a Pavement Princess and all you care about is looks and feel, so with that you don't want Progressive Springs ie Geiser's, you want Eibach's because they are far superior over OEM but not as firm or hard as Geiser's. Do a lot fo people run Geiser's, of course they do but they sacrifice ride quality to be able to jump their truck or hit bumps fast and hard. You feel every bump in the road and off-road but as you drive faster and hit those bumps harder you have more control than with Eibach's without the spring completely collapsing into the fender and top of the perch. It's like this Eibach's for the road and some light off-roading, Geiser's if you run off-road a lot and want to have the ability to attack hard bumps with confidence and you are able to jump your truck at say a Raptor Rally or off-road event with friends, etc.

Secondly, Icon leaf springs have a silicone (I think) layer between each leaf which prevents them from rusting, squeaking and grinding after less than a year. You've all heard and seen them before and know what I'm talking about. You can get a can of Amsoil MP HD Metal Protector to help with the rusting, etc. If you can separate the leaves, spray both sides and let rest for a day. But remember Deaver's are stiffer and in my experience unless you've got the ass end loaded all the time you will notice the ass end pogoing or hopping because there is no weight in the back, of course this is relative to how you drive the truck.

Hope this helps, good luck.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much stiffer are the Geissers compared to stock? I offroad most weekends so I thinking these would be best.

How hard is it to adjust the Icon’s? Do you have to remove them to add a spring in?

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just subscribing to read the input, as I may be in the market soon.

I tow a travel trailer maybe 810 times a year, that weighs around 6.5k-7k lbs, tongue weight around 750-800lbs typically. The rest of the time, I'm pretty empty, maybe 200-300lbs with the tonneau cover, some tools and little things.

Currently use a WDH and have some timbrens on, but thinking of swapping the rear springs.

I'm looking for maintaining about the stock height and rake though, but added rear support for towing (that isn't overly harsh when not towing). Gone back and forth between Deaver HD and SD options, as well as Icon options. Just can't decide what works best for my situation, sounds like its a fairly common situation though.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just subscribing to read the input, as I may be in the market soon.

I tow a travel trailer maybe 810 times a year, that weighs around 6.5k-7k lbs, tongue weight around 750-800lbs typically. The rest of the time, I'm pretty empty, maybe 200-300lbs with the tonneau cover, some tools and little things.

Currently use a WDH and have some timbrens on, but thinking of swapping the rear springs.

I'm looking for maintaining about the stock height and rake though, but added rear support for towing (that isn't overly harsh when not towing). Gone back and forth between Deaver HD and SD options, as well as Icon options. Just can't decide what works best for my situation, sounds like its a fairly common situation though.

I just installed Deaver+3s and absolutely love them. I usually have 100-200lbs. in the bed but never tow. From what I understand Deavers are great for my application, but Icons are better if you're towing. Hit up @Rick@FreedomMotorsports for better info, I've enjoyed working with him on suspension stuff.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i was astonished people were putting these on when I first got the truck & was doing “raptor research” I’ve always had GM or Toyota trucks. It’s pretty common knowledge a perch collar @ a high setting usually results in chewed up ball joints/bushings even bearings.

But they’re not all equal- every truck/application is different - depends on how extreme the angle changes are. On my last 2015 GMC truck- I put bilstein 5100 leveling shocks up front that have an adjustable snap collar attached to the shock body & it does change the pre-load of the spring & perch, but is engineered in a way to keep the A-arms within close proximity of original suspension geometry. These shocks only lifted my front 1.9” & I added a rear block that was 1.25” taller so kept my rake (the rear bilstein 5100 shocks went adjustable but allowed for additional 1.25” of travel- hence enabling taller block.

but guys who did bigger block kits (whether on top of some adjustable shocks or stock) or aftermarket thicker perch collars like the RPG- all of em pretty much have issues w/ front suspension.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much stiffer are the Geissers compared to stock? I offroad most weekends so I thinking these would be best.

How hard is it to adjust the Icon’s? Do you have to remove them to add a spring in?

there’s a good YouTube vid out there I THINK by keep it dirty offroad guy, where he runs a Raptor w/ stock/geiser/eibach setups through same offroad section & compares.

gist seems to be such:
In terms of straight lift- as other said varies truck to truck & the springs do settle, but my take away is geiser overall tend to have the front sit a tad higher, offroad the eibachs are an improvement over stock- but incrementally, the added ground clearance is helpful & the initial shock absorption better, but since they’re not a progressive rate spring the rebound effect is more pronounced & this would be less ideal for running fast on woops for instance. The Geisers w/ progressive rate are a better performer in serious offroad situations esp @ higher speeds right @ the limit of full travel (but Again- it appears eibach still > stock)

on the street it is reversed, the eibachs sound like they do a better job of “tightening” the whole ride up less nose dive/body roll etc. while not making the ride overly stiff/uncomfortable. The geisers probably also help in terms of braking/cornering ability- but consensus from most seems to be they simply ride harsh on the street in daily driving situations. I’m in the northeast so it’s not like I can just turn offroad on a whim as if I were in AZ/CO northern CA etc - if I was I’d probably forget about geiser or eibach & just put adjustable King 3.0s.....but I’m mainly doing this for better handling on street, less/no squat when loaded/towing, better ground clearance offroad - and i do a lot more off-roading in the winter when everything snowed over so ground clearance helps.

I’ve just been torn on the Icon vs Deaver situation in rear lol....I think I’m gonna do the +3 HDs I’d just really like to get a ride in a truck that’s currently running em