Icon vs Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Deavers +3 for the back and Geiser springs or something like the RPG front collars up front. what's the real difference between the springs and the perch collars up front ? Is one better then the other ?

I rode in a couple of different Raptors with each type of front lift before making my decision. (That is the advantage of visiting a local Raptor shop) I felt the collars were a little too harsh over the bigger bumps and the rebound was too bouncy for my taste, so I went with the Geiser progressive springs. They make the truck feel planted with normal everyday driving and really absorb the big hits when needed without the extra bounce. They lifted my front 2.5” and I added Deaver +3s in the back, which after removing the 2” blocks, lifted it 1”.

My truck has a slight rake of 3/4” back to front, which I feel is the perfect stance. I was able to fit Toyo RT 37s on 17x8.5 rims with +6mm offset that only required minor trimming of the inner wheel wells in the front.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is a 1.5" inch factory rake. How did 2.5" front and 1" rear still leave a 3/4 " rake ? Sounds like it should be perfectly level according to the math ? Not sure I understand the whole thing very well !!

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you off-road your truck don't do it. A collar and a set of springs will do the job.

I thought springs alone would bring the front up 1.5" to make it level with the factory rear.
Because the truck sits 1.5" lower in front from the factory.
What I want to do is bring the front up 2.5" and the rear 1" so it's level, but a bit higher overall !!
Whats my best option for getting this done, without spending a fortune ?

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought springs alone would bring the front up 1.5" to make it level with the factory rear.
Because the truck sits 1.5" lower in front from the factory.
What I want to do is bring the front up 2.5" and the rear 1" so it's level, but a bit higher overall !!
Whats my best option for getting this done, without spending a fortune ?
Eibach and springs or Eibach and blocks not recommended.

Or try finding a used collar and a set of deavers.

If it was me with a very limited budget I would go used springs front and rear I care about the off-road performance, so this will be my goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach and springs or Eibach and blocks not recommended.

Or try finding a used collar and a set of deavers.

If it was me with a very limited budget I would go used springs front and rear I care about the off-road performance, so this will be my goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I sound stupid, I don't understand what your telling me to do at all in the first part of your reply.
Eibach and springs or Eibach and blocks not recommended. What does this mean ?
The collar and the deavers part I got. Why would I put used springs on a new truck ?
Also what would I do with springs in the rear ? How about so real details on how to level my truck!!

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound stupid, I don't understand what your telling me to do at all in the first part of your reply.
Eibach and springs or Eibach and blocks not recommended. What does this mean ?
The collar and the deavers part I got. Why would I put used springs on a new truck ?
Also what would I do with springs in the rear ? How about so real details on how to level my truck!!

Did more research and I now understand the springs in the rear meant leaf springs DUHHHH !!!
I want your opinion on just going with the eibach's up front and leaving the rear alone and having it be level with stock rear height ?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there is a 1.5" inch factory rake. How did 2.5" front and 1" rear still leave a 3/4 " rake ? Sounds like it should be perfectly level according to the math ? Not sure I understand the whole thing very well !!

The factory rake is not exactly the same on different year trucks and the amount of lift tends to vary based on other weight-related modifications. I removed the factory bumper, skid plate and IC, and added custom parts that weighed different amounts. In the end, my 2018 has a 3/4” rake back to front with Geisers and Deaver +3s. The front settled slightly from the original height which was closer to 3”.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deavers, there is no substitute. They have been in the game the longest and are the most reputable and the most sought after leaf sprigs in the offroad industry.
Except Deaver makes the Icon leafsprings.