Icon vs Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamIAm

Reaction score
I see a lot of back n forth, I’m new to being a raptor owner and want to be steered in the right direction , here’s the deal... I don’t off-road to much, mostly highway, but looks and road feel are very important, I’ve put an RPG adjustable collar in the front (2-3.75 inch) right now the collar is at 2 inches and the nose sits at .5 inch taller than the rear, I would like to raise the rear 1inch and the nose an additional 1/2-3/4 inch to clear the 37s. Also I need to know if you have to buy the stop kits as well to go with the install of any of the leaf springs
...BTW it’s a 2020 Raptor

E1B85E44-D35D-43E3-A1F5-3F4D5ED0C6BB.jpeg

38216680-5062-4608-8C5A-58E997397C7B.jpeg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer deavers personally - they are the oldest spring maker in the US, maybe even the world dating back to the 1800's.... You would need the +3's to be an inch up. The icon's have adjustability which is nice I guess, but I'm a set it and forget it kinda guy so...

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I second the vote for Deaver +3s. They work great with 37s and really get rid of a lot of the issues folks have with the factory leafs. Up front, you might have to trim the inner fender wells, even at 2.5” of lift. It really depends on the width of the wheel, offset and tires you buy.

OP
OP
SamIAm

SamIAm

Reaction score
Glad to hear, I’m pretty much going with the Deavers, called them today, they said there 2 weeks out, anyone have them in stock?

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear, I’m pretty much going with the Deavers, called them today, they said there 2 weeks out, anyone have them in stock?

might try apollo optics i know they usually carry stuff in house

Reaction score
I really like the Icons. It was awesome to have the adjustability when it came to adding, replacing, or removing a leaf. I tried Icons add a leaf option...ass sat too high, tried the replace a leaf option...perfect for the trails. Good luck!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like the Icons. It was awesome to have the adjustability when it came to adding, replacing, or removing a leaf. I tried Icons add a leaf option...ass sat too high, tried the replace a leaf option...perfect for the trails. Good luck!

You had to remove the spring from the axle to do that? Did you need new U-bolts and an alignment?

Michael Coburn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Icon collar set at 1.5 inches up front and the Deaver HD at Standard Height (+2's) The HD's are a little stiffer, but we tow a heavy wake board boat and wanted the extra stiffness for that. I do get a little rubbing in the front with the 37's, even after some trimming, but its getting better as the tires (K02's) wear down a little. Overall I'm very happy with the Deavers and how the truck sits and rides.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to invade another guys post with a question about my truck. But I also want to level up the Raptor.
I was told by a local outfit (4 Wheel Parts) to go with a Readylift kit that raises the front 2.5" and has a 4" block that raises the back 1" making the truck perfectly level.
Anyone know about this particular leveling kit ?