ICON Vehicle Dynamics - Ford Raptor RXT Rear Suspension System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much disassembly/assembly is required to adjust the leaf springs? I tow with my truck from time to time and want to be able to tow when I need to, but not have the extra lift for daily driving and parking garages.

It's separating the pack and changing out a leaf or adding a leaf in to the pack. You can take a look at the instructions on the Product page for the springs.

We towed this trailer with our springs installed at the standard setting 3000 miles (ICON > TRR 2014 > Moab, UT > ICON) with only the use of a weight distribution hitch and it did just fine. It was not heavily loaded, but did have displays and other items for both events.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418095757.249852.jpg

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I thought most when going to 37's will bend that over or at least address that in the rear already?

I haven't addressed it and haven't had any issues. I run with a load of sailboat fuel at Raptor Runs, but I run it hard, jump it, etc... and am on stock shocks and haven't hit the weld in the rear.

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With the increased up travel, will 37's have an issue with the pinch weld in the rear?

We have not had any issue so far and 37's made it through the trip to TRR / Moab. We were running 37 x 12.50 Nitto's on 17 x 8.5" wheels. It is very close, and we should consider all trucks are slightly different, but that is what we know. Most of the other testing was done on 35's so we didn't blow the front fenders off. I talked to Dylan more about it just now and he said the RXT springs wheel position helps. He also mentioned as it just was some have bent the lip over to create additional clearance.

58290-icon-vehicle-dynamics-ford-raptor-rxt-rear-suspension-system-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418100910.271145.jpg

58289-icon-vehicle-dynamics-ford-raptor-rxt-rear-suspension-system-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418100889.330962.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's separating the pack and changing out a leaf or adding a leaf in to the pack. You can take a look at the instructions on the Product page for the springs.

We towed this trailer with our springs installed at the standard setting 3000 miles (ICON > TRR 2014 > Moab, UT > ICON) with only the use of a weight distribution hitch and it did just fine. It was not heavily loaded, but did have displays and other items for both events.

View attachment 58284

Thank you for the info. This is the trailer I towed to from Houston > Raptoberfest > Houston.

1971340_288333744698065_618377294_n.jpg

It was roughly 300 miles round trip. The truck was riding on the bump stops with the 7,000 lb load with a roughly 500-700 lb tongue weight. Would the standard setting be able to handle this?

Also, you mention an increase in height over 0.75" lift over stock on the standard setting, is this purely being 0.75" taller or does this 0.75" of lift include the removal of the stock 2" rear blocks?

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. This is the trailer I towed to from Houston > Raptoberfest > Houston.

1971340_288333744698065_618377294_n.jpg

It was roughly 300 miles round trip. The truck was riding on the bump stops with the 7,000 lb load with a roughly 500-700 lb tongue weight. Would the standard setting be able to handle this?

Also, you mention an increase in height over 0.75" lift over stock on the standard setting, is this purely being 0.75" taller or does this 0.75" of lift include the removal of the stock 2" rear blocks?

Dylan thinks our trailer runs about 600-800lbs as it hold water and fuel in under carriage tanks along with all our stuff. The weight distribution hitch is the huge key to why we were able to make that work at the standard setting and only squat about 2".

The .75" is over the stock height. You will remove the block when installing the ICON RXT springs.