ICON Vehicle Dynamics Baja Raptor Run 2013 March 5th - 10th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Finally flying home today. Thanks everyone for coming. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and I hope y'all had a great time.

Even though it was my least favorite Baja trip ever. I still had an awesome time.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who won the shocks? I got the PS Resi :D Thank you ICON! Thanks Trey for organizing it and thanks to the LocosMocos for towing my ass around and thanks to Lou and Corey for fixing my 4wd and looking at that snapped rear axle! Thanks to everyone for the help as well, really appreciated it. Great meeting everyone and putting faces/personalities to the FRF names! Had a great time, there are definitely some stories from this tip haha. Ooh man, have I got stories.

Baja Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Ride

What a great bunch of people to be stuck in Baja with for a few days. Thanks to Dylan from Icon for all the gear and swag and making the whole trip possible. thanks to Lou & Teresa from LGE-CTS for all the gear and swag. Great trails and we had almost as much fun visiting with the group while sitting still as we did driving. Dylan, Lou & Cory were hands on straightening out every problem, tuning shocks and Dylan performed at least a couple of front end alignments. An altogether memorable trip for me. Special thanks to Trey for putting the whole thing together. Thanks to Nik from Total Chaos & Dave for shocks upper A arms, pics and video. Hope to see you all down south again.
Jones
stuinsilt_zpsc2fe5356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
San Diego to Van Horn, Texas today. Back in Houston tomorrow. Already missing Baja. But looking forward to TRR. Hope Trey has arranged for a fish taco vendor.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Man, oh man. What a trip. I wish I could say that it was my favorite Baja trip ever. That would be a complete lie though. It was the worst Baja trip I have ever been on, but it was still amazing. I won't go into details about my incident just yet, but I'll say it happened the first day, and it took me out of the dirt for most of the trip.

I've got lots of thank yous.

First ICON: Dylan, thank you for supporting Raptor events, without ICON, the quality of these events wouldn't be near what it is. Thank you for helping get my truck down, thanks for all the great conversation and Baja stories. Brad, thanks for helping market this event, thanks for the awesome swag, and all the great raffle prizes. I don't think everyone knows this, but every attendee went home with something from ICON's website. Pretty awesome! I look forward to working with ICON on TRR and future events!

LGE-CTS: Theresa and Lou. Thank you so much for attending and giving me a little faith in forced induction. Thank you for helping with my truck. Your bumper is amazing and I look forward to having one of my own. Yall rocked Baja!

RPG: Corey, as usual, you jumped right in and helped everyone with every problem. Thanks for helping Late Eric with his axle, thanks for showing everyone what 37s and 3.0s can do through the whoops. I wish yall could have made it down earlier. Next time!

Early Eric: Thanks for caravaning with me out west. Thanks for taking my codriver. Thanks for all the beers at Miramar. Thanks for the hotel room. I hope it won't be your last baja trip!

Kirk: Thanks for restoring my faith in kids. You have a good one! I was most worried about you having a good time, and I'm pretty sure you did. Thanks for the comedic relief on Friday night too.

Just in time Chris: Thanks for the bowl of whatever drink that was in Percibu. Tasted way better than it looked. I hope the last minute signup was a good decision for you. I know it helped me a ton!

Late Eric: Baja gets everyone. Sorry it had to happen to you too. Sorry we couldn't be more help getting your truck home. Thank you for coming. Thanks for breaking so we could do an extraction (the most fun Baja has to offer!) I hope you can get your front end fixed the right way. If you need any help or advice, please call!

Art and Wendy: Thank you so much for coming. I really enjoyed talking with yall. It was great knowing we had someone fluent in Spanish with us as well. I won't thank you for making me wish I took my wife this trip... Sorry about the less than couple friendly accommodations. I will have that remedied by next year!

Baja Jones: Thank you for leading this amazing trip. Thank you for being a great friend.

Total Chaos: Nik and Brumbley. Thanks for the awesome video and photos. I can't wait to see them all. Sorry I couldn't get you more pics of my awesome TC UCAs in action. Next time.... I promise. Thank yall for all your help with the trip!

Locos Mocos: As usual, the crew from Locos Mocos is amazing, I'm proud to be a part of the group!

Looking back on it all. I really did have an amazing time. It's hard not to in Baja, but it's one of those places that is very good at reminding you that you aren't bulletproof. Lesson learned for next time. And there will be a next time!